We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 2 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 3 Vacation Ideas
- 4 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Cupecoy Beach
- 7 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 8 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 9 Carry on size Bahamas
- 10 St John March, where to stay
- 11 The right adults-only resort
- 12 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 13 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 14 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 15 Tips for bahamas
- 16 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 17 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 19 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 20 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 21 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 22 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 23 walkable hotels
- 24 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 25 St Thomas