We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Islands with great nightlife
- 4 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 5 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 6 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 7 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 10 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay