We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 3 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 4 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 5 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 6 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 7 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 8 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 9 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 10 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 11 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 12 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 13 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 14 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 17 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 Beaches Turks question
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Curacao - where to stay
- 22 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 23 May Honeymoon
- 24 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada
- 25 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas