We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Island for Me?
- 2 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 3 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 4 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 5 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 6 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 7 Cuba with Gate 1
- 8 Anguilla stay?
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 11 Back from San Juan
- 12 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 13 San Juan Airport
- 14 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 15 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 16 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 17 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 18 Storm ?
- 19 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 20 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 21 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 22 Kristen- where are you?????
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 25 The Color of the Water