We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 2 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 3 Jamaica to Other Island
- 4 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 5 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 6 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 7 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 8 swim up rooms
- 9 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 10 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 11 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 12 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 13 St. John USVI
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 Carribean vacation with infant
- 16 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 17 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 18 Cayman Islands in October
- 19 things to do in Nassau
- 20 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 21 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 22 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 23 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 24 Best island for early to mid November
- 25 snorkle choices in Antigua