We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 celebrating 40
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Where to go in February/March
- 5 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 6 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 7 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 8 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 9 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 10 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 11 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 12 Which island?
- 13 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 17 St. Croix and sea grass
- 18 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 19 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 20 Bahamas Resort
- 21 Which country?
- 22 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 23 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 24 Antigua or St Martin
- 25 South Beach Hotel Barbados