We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 2 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 3 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 4 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 5 shore excursions
- 6 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 just be careful
- 9 Restaurants in Aruba
- 10 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 11 Snorkeling
- 12 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 13 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 14 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 15 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 18 Safe for Family
- 19 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 20 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 21 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 22 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 23 Curacao vs Barbados
- 24 Honeymoon Destination
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba