We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Opening Up
- 2 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 3 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 4 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 5 Jamaica
- 6 Jamaica all inclusive
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 11 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 14 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 15 Just back from The Somerset
- 16 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 17 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 18 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 19 Sandals Resorts
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 22 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 23 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 24 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 25 Cuba in 10 days