We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 2 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 3 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 4 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 5 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 6 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 9 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 10 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 11 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 12 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 13 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 14 rent a car??
- 15 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa
- 16 Turks and Caicos Accommodations Question - West Bay Club
- 17 Trip to Grenada vs Anguilla vs Nevis
- 18 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 19 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 20 Cuba Opening Up
- 21 Honeymoon St. Lucia confused?
- 22 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 23 Scrub Island recommendations?
- 24 Wear can I tan that is Clothing Optional?
- 25 RIU Antilles Aruba