We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 2 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 3 Money in Jamaica
- 4 Florida or caribbean
- 5 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 6 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 7 Barbado Car rental
- 8 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 9 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 10 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 11 Death in Paradise
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 50+ where to dance?
- 14 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 15 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 16 dominican republic
- 17 Summer family vacation
- 18 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 19 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 20 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 21 St Martin
- 22 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 23 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 24 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 25 Resort villa suggestions