We are looking at staying at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay (we've been there before and love it) for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere different for 2 nights. It doesn't need to be as upscale as Half Moon. I've never been to the Negril area. I've heard the beaches and snorkeling are better there, so we'd like to stay where either or both of those are very good. Looking at Idle Awhile, The Caves, and Catch A Falling Star. Since we'll mostly be eating at the resort while at Half Moon, in Negril we'd like to be close to local restaurants and bars... walking distance would be ideal. I'm leaning towards Idle Awhile because of the beach and location, and because they have a sister hotel (Hide Awhile) that looks like it could have good snorkeling. Any thoughts? How do these hotels compare in room quality, grounds and service?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 2 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 3 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 4 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 5 Mid October Honeymoon
- 6 Summer family vacation
- 7 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 8 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 9 Caribbean with grown kids
- 10 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 11 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 12 Honeymoon destination?
- 13 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 14 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 15 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 16 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 17 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 18 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 19 Anguilla Beaches
- 20 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 21 Cuba help!
- 22 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 23 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 24 Rent a car?
- 25 LIAT Air