I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean (will post in Mexican forums as well)
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
July-August secluded honeymonn destination on a budget
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Florida or caribbean
- 4 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 5 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 6 Barbado Car rental
- 7 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 8 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 9 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 10 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 11 Death in Paradise
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 50+ where to dance?
- 14 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 15 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 16 dominican republic
- 17 Summer family vacation
- 18 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 19 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 20 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 21 St Martin
- 22 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 23 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 24 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 25 Resort villa suggestions