I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean (will post in Mexican forums as well)
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 2 Conference in Cuba in February
- 3 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 4 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 5 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 6 Help me to pick an island
- 7 Small boat excursion
- 8 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 9 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 10 Overwhelmed....
- 11 Can you tell me where?
- 12 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 13 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 14 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 15 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 16 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 17 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 18 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 19 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 20 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 21 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 22 Help picking an island!!!!
- 23 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 24 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 25 When to go to El Yunque