I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean (will post in Mexican forums as well)
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 0nline : aol MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:844:291:6706 aol mail 24*7
- 2 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 3 Havana
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 9 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 10 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations
- 12 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 13 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 14 Family vacation
- 15 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 16 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 17 PR or USVI
- 18 Havana Hotel
- 19 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 20 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 21 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 22 Cayman Islands Currency
- 23 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 24 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 25 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions