I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean (will post in Mexican forums as well)
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 2 BUY fake passports VISA US-GREEN-CARD IDS etc..perezharris123 @ gmail.com
- 3 Military honeymoon
- 4 Honeymoon August 2016
- 5 Solo female traveller over xmas time
- 6 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 7 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 8 which caribbean island/town for beachfront close to town
- 9 St. Thomas airport to ferry to Tortola
- 10 car rental in tortola
- 11 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 12 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 13 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 14 Canadian money exchange ??
- 15 Help choosing an island
- 16 Safe, family friendly Island
- 17 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 18 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 19 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 20 Family trip to Jamaica
- 21 Vieques Island
- 22 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 23 Best island for food and beaches
- 24 Cuba tour companies
- 25 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel