I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean (will post in Mexican forums as well)
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Curacao
- 2 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 3 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 4 Do you need a rental in Jamaica?
- 5 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 6 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 7 Groupon Tours
- 8 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 9 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 10 Location
- 11 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 12 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 13 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 14 turks caicos
- 15 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 16 Private tours in Cuba
- 17 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 18 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 19 Bahamas girls trip
- 20 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 21 Cuba Tour Companies
- 22 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 23 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 24 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 25 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015