My boyfriends step mother is planning a vacation for all of us to go on in March 2013. She's been talking about this beautiful hotel in Turks and Caicos that she went to 4 years ago for months now, only to find it's the AI Beaches. This would be all fine if we had a 5 year old joining but there is no one below the ages of 17 attending this trip. I also looked at the cost and it's around $7,000 a couple which my boyfriend and I definitely don't want to pay since we were saving to go to Colombia in May. I have never been anywhere in the Caribbean nor have I ever done a AI but she seems to have her eyes set on that destination. I have been sending her other possible options as well as non AI ideas since sometimes it actually is cheaper, but she seems to turn her nose up to the idea. The requirements of this trip is a non stop flight from any NYC airport. I have looked at the other hotels on Turks and they are definitely out of our price range, looking at spending around $3000 a couple. There is a 21 year old travel with us so he's interested in a club or some nightlife. I know these are a lot of requirements, but I can't stand the thought of blowing my Colombia budget to go sit on a beach with a guy dressed up as cookie monster walking around! If anyone can help I would absolutely appreciate it! Suggestions can be any AI or non AI with a reasonable price. Thanks for the help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best snorkeling, hiking, local vibe and food
- 2 Providenciales Review
- 3 Bermuda, Puerto Rico or somewhere else?
- 4 Cuba in 5 days?
- 5 Groupon Tours
- 6 Bermuda-Catamarran
- 7 Providenciales Airport
- 8 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 9 Numero 1 guest House
- 10 Mango Reef Restaurant in Turks and Caicos
- 11 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 12 Grand Bahia Principe, Punta Cana
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 15 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 16 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 17 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 18 turks caicos
- 19 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 20 Curacao
- 21 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 22 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 23 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 24 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 25 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?