My boyfriends step mother is planning a vacation for all of us to go on in March 2013. She's been talking about this beautiful hotel in Turks and Caicos that she went to 4 years ago for months now, only to find it's the AI Beaches. This would be all fine if we had a 5 year old joining but there is no one below the ages of 17 attending this trip. I also looked at the cost and it's around $7,000 a couple which my boyfriend and I definitely don't want to pay since we were saving to go to Colombia in May. I have never been anywhere in the Caribbean nor have I ever done a AI but she seems to have her eyes set on that destination. I have been sending her other possible options as well as non AI ideas since sometimes it actually is cheaper, but she seems to turn her nose up to the idea. The requirements of this trip is a non stop flight from any NYC airport. I have looked at the other hotels on Turks and they are definitely out of our price range, looking at spending around $3000 a couple. There is a 21 year old travel with us so he's interested in a club or some nightlife. I know these are a lot of requirements, but I can't stand the thought of blowing my Colombia budget to go sit on a beach with a guy dressed up as cookie monster walking around! If anyone can help I would absolutely appreciate it! Suggestions can be any AI or non AI with a reasonable price. Thanks for the help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 2 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 3 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 4 Conference in Cuba in February
- 5 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 6 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 7 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 8 Help me to pick an island
- 9 Small boat excursion
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Overwhelmed....
- 12 Can you tell me where?
- 13 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 14 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 15 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 16 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 17 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 18 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 19 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 20 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 21 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 22 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 23 Help picking an island!!!!
- 24 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 25 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations