My boyfriends step mother is planning a vacation for all of us to go on in March 2013. She's been talking about this beautiful hotel in Turks and Caicos that she went to 4 years ago for months now, only to find it's the AI Beaches. This would be all fine if we had a 5 year old joining but there is no one below the ages of 17 attending this trip. I also looked at the cost and it's around $7,000 a couple which my boyfriend and I definitely don't want to pay since we were saving to go to Colombia in May. I have never been anywhere in the Caribbean nor have I ever done a AI but she seems to have her eyes set on that destination. I have been sending her other possible options as well as non AI ideas since sometimes it actually is cheaper, but she seems to turn her nose up to the idea. The requirements of this trip is a non stop flight from any NYC airport. I have looked at the other hotels on Turks and they are definitely out of our price range, looking at spending around $3000 a couple. There is a 21 year old travel with us so he's interested in a club or some nightlife. I know these are a lot of requirements, but I can't stand the thought of blowing my Colombia budget to go sit on a beach with a guy dressed up as cookie monster walking around! If anyone can help I would absolutely appreciate it! Suggestions can be any AI or non AI with a reasonable price. Thanks for the help in advance!
Help! Nightmare vacation being set up! Need suggestions!
- 1 Honeymoon in August...need help!!
- 2 Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Grand Cayman the MOST important day for me - please tell me the BEST underwater experience for my short time there!
- 5 Which Caribbean island is right for me?
- 6 Nassau or Bermuda
- 7 best choice family luxury stay--StJ, BVI, T&C or Nevis
- 8 Moments Tobago – VRBO# 328066 – DON’T stay there!
- 9 Where to celebrate 40 married years!
- 10 Travel warning...mosquito fever on S t. Maarten
- 11 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 12 Is there a reliable way to predict which beaches will be calm?
- 13 Credit Card Alert
- 14 Help With Selecting The A Honeymoon Location
- 15 August Honeymoon...St. Lucia vs. Jamaica...help!
- 16 Honeymoon Location Suggestions
- 17 Coconut Bay Resort or the Landings in St. Lucia??
- 18 Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms or Ritz St. Thomas
- 19 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 22 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 24 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 25 Bahamas snorkeling