My boyfriends step mother is planning a vacation for all of us to go on in March 2013. She's been talking about this beautiful hotel in Turks and Caicos that she went to 4 years ago for months now, only to find it's the AI Beaches. This would be all fine if we had a 5 year old joining but there is no one below the ages of 17 attending this trip. I also looked at the cost and it's around $7,000 a couple which my boyfriend and I definitely don't want to pay since we were saving to go to Colombia in May. I have never been anywhere in the Caribbean nor have I ever done a AI but she seems to have her eyes set on that destination. I have been sending her other possible options as well as non AI ideas since sometimes it actually is cheaper, but she seems to turn her nose up to the idea. The requirements of this trip is a non stop flight from any NYC airport. I have looked at the other hotels on Turks and they are definitely out of our price range, looking at spending around $3000 a couple. There is a 21 year old travel with us so he's interested in a club or some nightlife. I know these are a lot of requirements, but I can't stand the thought of blowing my Colombia budget to go sit on a beach with a guy dressed up as cookie monster walking around! If anyone can help I would absolutely appreciate it! Suggestions can be any AI or non AI with a reasonable price. Thanks for the help in advance!
Help! Nightmare vacation being set up! Need suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for a villa rental
- 2 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 3 Where to stay on Vieques
- 4 Best island for family of 5 (kids-21,18,16) end of June/early July?
- 5 BUSINESSES FOR SALE
- 6 St. Croix and sea grass
- 7 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 8 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 11 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 12 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 13 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 14 Tipping at AI
- 15 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 16 Traveling Solo
- 17 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 18 A Volcanic Paradise
- 19 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 20 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 21 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 22 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 23 St. Kitts, the details
- 24 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 25 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?