My boyfriends step mother is planning a vacation for all of us to go on in March 2013. She's been talking about this beautiful hotel in Turks and Caicos that she went to 4 years ago for months now, only to find it's the AI Beaches. This would be all fine if we had a 5 year old joining but there is no one below the ages of 17 attending this trip. I also looked at the cost and it's around $7,000 a couple which my boyfriend and I definitely don't want to pay since we were saving to go to Colombia in May. I have never been anywhere in the Caribbean nor have I ever done a AI but she seems to have her eyes set on that destination. I have been sending her other possible options as well as non AI ideas since sometimes it actually is cheaper, but she seems to turn her nose up to the idea. The requirements of this trip is a non stop flight from any NYC airport. I have looked at the other hotels on Turks and they are definitely out of our price range, looking at spending around $3000 a couple. There is a 21 year old travel with us so he's interested in a club or some nightlife. I know these are a lot of requirements, but I can't stand the thought of blowing my Colombia budget to go sit on a beach with a guy dressed up as cookie monster walking around! If anyone can help I would absolutely appreciate it! Suggestions can be any AI or non AI with a reasonable price. Thanks for the help in advance!
Help! Nightmare vacation being set up! Need suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 2 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 3 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 4 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 5 Jamaica
- 6 Jamaica all inclusive
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 9 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 10 Cuba Opening Up
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 12 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 13 Why Barbados?
- 14 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 15 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 16 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 17 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 18 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 19 Just back from The Somerset
- 20 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 21 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 22 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 23 Sandals Resorts
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?