First and foremost.
Thank you to everyone here and at tripadvisor and chowhound that took the time to give me thoughts, suggestions and advice.
It was a glorious whirlwind trip.
Takeoff from Boston to Bermuda on Delta - great, fast flight, said the girl used to traveling a dozen hours to her hawaii!
I was meeting my mom and sister, and staying for 3 nights. I may not know how to pack for winter or Europe, but this wahine knows how to pack for the islands. I filled a small dufflebag with rolled tops and slacks and capris and leather flip flops, etc, wore a designer sweatshirt and keen's and boarded the plane with reef shoes and snorkle and mask.
Arrived in Bermuda to be met by a lovely gentleman holding a sign with my name. We walked about 50 yards to my ride. Eve's Scooters meets you at the airport and will deliver your luggage, but since I had an apartment arrangement, I packed small and sensibly, brought a couple of bungie chords and with snorkle gear under the seat and duffle bungied to the basket, I was off and independent in mere minutes. A heavenly start!
10 minutes later it started pouring! I have been to the island a few times, so just took off in the rain without looking at a map, taking the I'll get lost and eventually arrive scenic route to Warwick.
Everything I have read about Clairfont Apartments is true. Don't tell your friends, but this is the greatest, cleanest, well located place I could have hoped for. It is apparent why so many return to this place. The manager Corrine is meticulous and the 8 apartments are simple and spot check clean. The pool is nice to relax by, and the grounds have some lovely plantings.
Again thank you everyone who suggested this place. Shhhhhh - don't tell, or it will be impossible to book.
Gyppielou's scooterlicious bermudian adventure. A trip report.
First and foremost.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 2 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 3 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 4 Which Island?
- 5 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 6 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 7 Punta Cana?
- 8 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 9 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 10 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 11 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 12 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 13 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 14 Advice needed
- 15 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 16 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 17 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 18 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 19 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 20 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 21 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 22 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 23 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 24 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 25 Cayman restaurant ?s