First and foremost.
Thank you to everyone here and at tripadvisor and chowhound that took the time to give me thoughts, suggestions and advice.
It was a glorious whirlwind trip.
Takeoff from Boston to Bermuda on Delta - great, fast flight, said the girl used to traveling a dozen hours to her hawaii!
I was meeting my mom and sister, and staying for 3 nights. I may not know how to pack for winter or Europe, but this wahine knows how to pack for the islands. I filled a small dufflebag with rolled tops and slacks and capris and leather flip flops, etc, wore a designer sweatshirt and keen's and boarded the plane with reef shoes and snorkle and mask.
Arrived in Bermuda to be met by a lovely gentleman holding a sign with my name. We walked about 50 yards to my ride. Eve's Scooters meets you at the airport and will deliver your luggage, but since I had an apartment arrangement, I packed small and sensibly, brought a couple of bungie chords and with snorkle gear under the seat and duffle bungied to the basket, I was off and independent in mere minutes. A heavenly start!
10 minutes later it started pouring! I have been to the island a few times, so just took off in the rain without looking at a map, taking the I'll get lost and eventually arrive scenic route to Warwick.
Everything I have read about Clairfont Apartments is true. Don't tell your friends, but this is the greatest, cleanest, well located place I could have hoped for. It is apparent why so many return to this place. The manager Corrine is meticulous and the 8 apartments are simple and spot check clean. The pool is nice to relax by, and the grounds have some lovely plantings.
Again thank you everyone who suggested this place. Shhhhhh - don't tell, or it will be impossible to book.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Thomas Luggage
- 2 St. Maarten with older teens
- 3 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 4 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 5 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 6 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 7 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 8 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 9 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 10 Looking for destination suggestions
- 11 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 12 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 15 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 16 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 17 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 18 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 19 Any suggestions??
- 20 Gustavia stay
- 21 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 22 My week in Guadeloupe
- 23 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 24 Which Island?
- 25 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
Gyppielou's scooterlicious bermudian adventure. A trip report.
First and foremost.