First and foremost.
Thank you to everyone here and at tripadvisor and chowhound that took the time to give me thoughts, suggestions and advice.
It was a glorious whirlwind trip.
Takeoff from Boston to Bermuda on Delta - great, fast flight, said the girl used to traveling a dozen hours to her hawaii!
I was meeting my mom and sister, and staying for 3 nights. I may not know how to pack for winter or Europe, but this wahine knows how to pack for the islands. I filled a small dufflebag with rolled tops and slacks and capris and leather flip flops, etc, wore a designer sweatshirt and keen's and boarded the plane with reef shoes and snorkle and mask.
Arrived in Bermuda to be met by a lovely gentleman holding a sign with my name. We walked about 50 yards to my ride. Eve's Scooters meets you at the airport and will deliver your luggage, but since I had an apartment arrangement, I packed small and sensibly, brought a couple of bungie chords and with snorkle gear under the seat and duffle bungied to the basket, I was off and independent in mere minutes. A heavenly start!
10 minutes later it started pouring! I have been to the island a few times, so just took off in the rain without looking at a map, taking the I'll get lost and eventually arrive scenic route to Warwick.
Everything I have read about Clairfont Apartments is true. Don't tell your friends, but this is the greatest, cleanest, well located place I could have hoped for. It is apparent why so many return to this place. The manager Corrine is meticulous and the 8 apartments are simple and spot check clean. The pool is nice to relax by, and the grounds have some lovely plantings.
Again thank you everyone who suggested this place. Shhhhhh - don't tell, or it will be impossible to book.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 2 Cottage on the beach
- 3 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 4 Island Hopping
- 5 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 6 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 7 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 17 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 18 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 20 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 21 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
Gyppielou's scooterlicious bermudian adventure. A trip report.
First and foremost.