First and foremost.
Thank you to everyone here and at tripadvisor and chowhound that took the time to give me thoughts, suggestions and advice.
It was a glorious whirlwind trip.
Takeoff from Boston to Bermuda on Delta - great, fast flight, said the girl used to traveling a dozen hours to her hawaii!
I was meeting my mom and sister, and staying for 3 nights. I may not know how to pack for winter or Europe, but this wahine knows how to pack for the islands. I filled a small dufflebag with rolled tops and slacks and capris and leather flip flops, etc, wore a designer sweatshirt and keen's and boarded the plane with reef shoes and snorkle and mask.
Arrived in Bermuda to be met by a lovely gentleman holding a sign with my name. We walked about 50 yards to my ride. Eve's Scooters meets you at the airport and will deliver your luggage, but since I had an apartment arrangement, I packed small and sensibly, brought a couple of bungie chords and with snorkle gear under the seat and duffle bungied to the basket, I was off and independent in mere minutes. A heavenly start!
10 minutes later it started pouring! I have been to the island a few times, so just took off in the rain without looking at a map, taking the I'll get lost and eventually arrive scenic route to Warwick.
Everything I have read about Clairfont Apartments is true. Don't tell your friends, but this is the greatest, cleanest, well located place I could have hoped for. It is apparent why so many return to this place. The manager Corrine is meticulous and the 8 apartments are simple and spot check clean. The pool is nice to relax by, and the grounds have some lovely plantings.
Again thank you everyone who suggested this place. Shhhhhh - don't tell, or it will be impossible to book.
Gyppielou's scooterlicious bermudian adventure. A trip report.
First and foremost.
- 1 Grand Cayman the MOST important day for me - please tell me the BEST underwater experience for my short time there!
- 2 Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
- 3 Which Caribbean island is right for me?
- 4 Nassau or Bermuda
- 5 best choice family luxury stay--StJ, BVI, T&C or Nevis
- 6 Moments Tobago – VRBO# 328066 – DON’T stay there!
- 7 Where to celebrate 40 married years!
- 8 Travel warning...mosquito fever on S t. Maarten
- 9 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 10 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 11 Is there a reliable way to predict which beaches will be calm?
- 12 Credit Card Alert
- 13 Help With Selecting The A Honeymoon Location
- 14 August Honeymoon...St. Lucia vs. Jamaica...help!
- 15 Honeymoon Location Suggestions
- 16 Coconut Bay Resort or the Landings in St. Lucia??
- 17 Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms or Ritz St. Thomas
- 18 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 19 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 20 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 21 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 23 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 24 Bahamas snorkeling
- 25 Punta Cana Airport Transfer