First and foremost.
Thank you to everyone here and at tripadvisor and chowhound that took the time to give me thoughts, suggestions and advice.
It was a glorious whirlwind trip.
Takeoff from Boston to Bermuda on Delta - great, fast flight, said the girl used to traveling a dozen hours to her hawaii!
I was meeting my mom and sister, and staying for 3 nights. I may not know how to pack for winter or Europe, but this wahine knows how to pack for the islands. I filled a small dufflebag with rolled tops and slacks and capris and leather flip flops, etc, wore a designer sweatshirt and keen's and boarded the plane with reef shoes and snorkle and mask.
Arrived in Bermuda to be met by a lovely gentleman holding a sign with my name. We walked about 50 yards to my ride. Eve's Scooters meets you at the airport and will deliver your luggage, but since I had an apartment arrangement, I packed small and sensibly, brought a couple of bungie chords and with snorkle gear under the seat and duffle bungied to the basket, I was off and independent in mere minutes. A heavenly start!
10 minutes later it started pouring! I have been to the island a few times, so just took off in the rain without looking at a map, taking the I'll get lost and eventually arrive scenic route to Warwick.
Everything I have read about Clairfont Apartments is true. Don't tell your friends, but this is the greatest, cleanest, well located place I could have hoped for. It is apparent why so many return to this place. The manager Corrine is meticulous and the 8 apartments are simple and spot check clean. The pool is nice to relax by, and the grounds have some lovely plantings.
Again thank you everyone who suggested this place. Shhhhhh - don't tell, or it will be impossible to book.
Gyppielou's scooterlicious bermudian adventure. A trip report.
First and foremost.
- 1 May 2013 Honeymoon
- 2 Which island to visit???
- 3 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 4 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 5 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 6 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 7 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 Bermuda Trip
- 10 quiet and relaxing
- 11 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 12 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 13 St.Thomas St. John
- 14 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 15 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 16 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 17 June vacation trip for guys
- 18 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 19 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 20 Honeymoon Help!
- 21 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 22 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 23 Grand Cayman
- 24 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 25 Sandos Playacar Beach resort