I was hoping to get some feedback on a few island vacation spots. I have been all over fodor's researching the caribbean, as well as in books and other websites. My husband and I are leaving the kids with the grandparents and are heading out for our first trip to the caribbean this summer, July time frame as this is easier with summer break! I have been back and forth with several islands, but I hope I have it narrowed down: Budget, up to 8,000 with airfare.
1) St Lucia, Sugar beach resort, East Winds, or Anse Chastinet
2) Nevis, Four Seasons
3) Grenada, Spice Island Beach Resort
4) Curacao, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Culb, and Maybe Anguilla
*We want good sunbathing and swimming beaches (safe too).
*above average snorkeling would be great!
*kayaking and other water activities are important.
*close proximity to the beach! Don't want to have to drive for good beaches
*food on site and near by. Don't need anything fancy! Fish sandwich would be great!
*not too difficult to get to by plane. Leaving from Miami.
*some off site excursions would be great. We love exploring!!
I have considered the Turks and some other northern islands, but they are too barren and boring, outside of the water of course! Something with decent snorkeling, ruins, and or waterfalls to explore would be great. We are going for about 8-10 days. If I left anything out I apologize. Thank you in advance for any help you can give
Fun in the sun caribbean getaway
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 things to do in Nassau
- 2 Which Island?
- 3 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 4 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 5 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 6 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???