I was hoping to get some feedback on a few island vacation spots. I have been all over fodor's researching the caribbean, as well as in books and other websites. My husband and I are leaving the kids with the grandparents and are heading out for our first trip to the caribbean this summer, July time frame as this is easier with summer break! I have been back and forth with several islands, but I hope I have it narrowed down: Budget, up to 8,000 with airfare.
1) St Lucia, Sugar beach resort, East Winds, or Anse Chastinet
2) Nevis, Four Seasons
3) Grenada, Spice Island Beach Resort
4) Curacao, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Culb, and Maybe Anguilla
*We want good sunbathing and swimming beaches (safe too).
*above average snorkeling would be great!
*kayaking and other water activities are important.
*close proximity to the beach! Don't want to have to drive for good beaches
*food on site and near by. Don't need anything fancy! Fish sandwich would be great!
*not too difficult to get to by plane. Leaving from Miami.
*some off site excursions would be great. We love exploring!!
I have considered the Turks and some other northern islands, but they are too barren and boring, outside of the water of course! Something with decent snorkeling, ruins, and or waterfalls to explore would be great. We are going for about 8-10 days. If I left anything out I apologize. Thank you in advance for any help you can give
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 vashikaran mantra for husband+919878377317
- 2 30th anniversary trip
- 3 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 4 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 5 Bermuda in February or March
- 6 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 7 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 8 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 9 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 10 Safest Islands for Us?
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 13 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 16 Narrowing it down
- 17 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 18 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 19 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 20 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 21 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 22 Destination Wedding
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 25 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI