I was hoping to get some feedback on a few island vacation spots. I have been all over fodor's researching the caribbean, as well as in books and other websites. My husband and I are leaving the kids with the grandparents and are heading out for our first trip to the caribbean this summer, July time frame as this is easier with summer break! I have been back and forth with several islands, but I hope I have it narrowed down: Budget, up to 8,000 with airfare.
1) St Lucia, Sugar beach resort, East Winds, or Anse Chastinet
2) Nevis, Four Seasons
3) Grenada, Spice Island Beach Resort
4) Curacao, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Culb, and Maybe Anguilla
*We want good sunbathing and swimming beaches (safe too).
*above average snorkeling would be great!
*kayaking and other water activities are important.
*close proximity to the beach! Don't want to have to drive for good beaches
*food on site and near by. Don't need anything fancy! Fish sandwich would be great!
*not too difficult to get to by plane. Leaving from Miami.
*some off site excursions would be great. We love exploring!!
I have considered the Turks and some other northern islands, but they are too barren and boring, outside of the water of course! Something with decent snorkeling, ruins, and or waterfalls to explore would be great. We are going for about 8-10 days. If I left anything out I apologize. Thank you in advance for any help you can give
Fun in the sun caribbean getaway
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 month stay on a caribbean island
- 8 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 9 Where to stay on Vieques
- 10 Ferry to Rum Point
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados