Looking for a beautiful place to get married.

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a beautiful place to get married.

Hello,
My boyfriend and I have decided after 17 years to get married. We would like to do this sometime in July, somewhere lush and beautiful and quite,we may have a few friends, but we doubt it. We really just want someplace peaceful and quite and on the beach. Any suggestions?
Thank-You Jill
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 05:30 AM

Your question is way too vague. The thing is there are quite a few "lush & beautiful islands" throughout the Caribbean and just about all have beaches with areas that are peaceful and quiet (I assume that's what you meant by "quite"). The islands themselves, however offer widely diffent experiences and no one island "has it all". It would help if you could tell us more about yourself and what type of island experience you are seeking. Also, let us know where you are travelling from, how much of a budget your have for accomodations, meals, etc., whether you want someplace you can reach easily or if you are willing to take several connecting flights and/or ferry rides to reach your destination. Make a list of the 10 or 15 "things" you most want or anticipate during your trip and place them in order of preference. That will help us narrow down your choices.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 05:34 AM

One other hint - Go to the "Destinations" link at the top of this page and click Carribean. You'll find a list of island. Click each one and read the general descriptions and see which ones most appeal to you. That will help narrow your choices.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 05:40 AM

congratulations!!
jet blue does detroit to grand cayman. this is a quiet island but not lush. it has excellent snorkeling, is on the expensive side, and there are no specific ai's. however the reef resort offers ai program. it's on the east end away from all the hub-bub, on a nice beach and they do weddings on their beach. as you liked beaches t&c i'm pretty sure you'd like this hotel. it would be quieter & offers snorkeling off their beach.

jet blue also goes to st. thomas giving you access by ferry to st. john or the bvi's. st. john would seem perfect for you. caneel is very pricey but does offer an ai program. has 7 beaches and outstanding snorkeling all over the island. most ppl stay in villas on st. john though.
tortola is not too busy. you could look at long bay beach resort. or on jost van dyke you might like the sandcastle hotel. very small! not ai.

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Grenada would really fit the bill but it takes 10-11 hours door-to-door from Detroit to get there. It is lush, quiet, classy with several hotels that I am sure could conduct the ceromony.Spice Club is just ne. But it is not cheap and when you go to such lovely remote places the cost is fairly high vs. Purto Rico-Dorado Beach Hotel (a bit in the interioe). Barbados which is larger is not over crowded especially in Aug. Realize most islands will have daytime highs between 88-92 and lows of around 76-78 but with A/C it is not unpleasant. Grenada has good snorkeling, sailing, decent fishing and several lovely beaches. Another island that is beautiful is St. Lucia but you have to make sure you keep to a top class hotel with less than 30-40 rooms. I would pass on St. Thomas, Tortola but if funds available for all Peter Island Resort on Peter Island or Jost Van Dyke. Caneel, Little Dix, and Ritz Carlton on St. Thomas are too honkey tonk I would think you you. Another good idea is Biras Creek obn Virgin Gorda.
But if yo and your guesrs want snorkeling and diving I suggest Peter Island or Jost Van Dyke.
We have been to all 1-3 times.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM

I know you posted this on the Caribbean board, but I love Hawaii. What a beautiful place to get married. Kauai is very lush, beautiful and a quiet island. Many beaches worth admiring and to choose to do your ceremony on.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Kauai has a beauty all its own. I would not rule that out but as said your budget is an important factor. If you want the caribbean there are many places. St. Lucia is a lush island, as is St.Johns, and Grenada.
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 12:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank-You one and ALL!!

I guess I have some studying to do now. I will look around and let you know what I find out and then post again later, and then maybe you can help me out then,
Thanks again for ALL you help!
Jill