I am currently toying with plans for a winter trip to Canada. I would like to combine a few days in an lodge type place with some winter fun (snow shoe hike, snowmobile, maybe dogsled. something like that) and then spend a few days in Niagara Falls.
I like the Falls in the winter and would like to show them to my wife in winter. The other reason is family that I would like to visit there.
From a snow / frozen Falls perspective the question is, whether we should be pushing that further into lets say early February.
Now as far as lodges, I am a bit lost. I am considering the Spectacle Lake Lodge near Algonquin Park. I could potentially fly into Ottawa and then fly out of Toronto. I have not been terribly successful in finding alternatives so far.
Anyone some good suggestions? Any other ideas. The completely different approach would be to fly into Boston, look for options there and then go to Niagara Falls. I dont need a big party for New Years, but a cozy place with maybe a fireplace would be cool.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 2 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 5 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 6 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 7 Quebec to yarmouth
- 8 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 9 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 10 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 11 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 12 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 13 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 14 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 15 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 16 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 17 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 18 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 19 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 20 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 21 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 22 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 23 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 24 Pearson Airport logistics
- 25 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?