I am currently toying with plans for a winter trip to Canada. I would like to combine a few days in an lodge type place with some winter fun (snow shoe hike, snowmobile, maybe dogsled. something like that) and then spend a few days in Niagara Falls.
I like the Falls in the winter and would like to show them to my wife in winter. The other reason is family that I would like to visit there.
From a snow / frozen Falls perspective the question is, whether we should be pushing that further into lets say early February.
Now as far as lodges, I am a bit lost. I am considering the Spectacle Lake Lodge near Algonquin Park. I could potentially fly into Ottawa and then fly out of Toronto. I have not been terribly successful in finding alternatives so far.
Anyone some good suggestions? Any other ideas. The completely different approach would be to fly into Boston, look for options there and then go to Niagara Falls. I dont need a big party for New Years, but a cozy place with maybe a fireplace would be cool.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two week taster
- 2 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 3 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 4 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 5 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 6 Translink and itinerary questions
- 7 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 8 Montreal Restaurants
- 9 Victoria Island
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 12 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 13 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 14 Bay of Fundy
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 17 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 18 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 19 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 20 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 21 4 days in Montreal
- 22 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 23 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 24 Toronto hotel
- 25 Help us make the most of Victoria and Vancouver