I am currently toying with plans for a winter trip to Canada. I would like to combine a few days in an lodge type place with some winter fun (snow shoe hike, snowmobile, maybe dogsled. something like that) and then spend a few days in Niagara Falls.
I like the Falls in the winter and would like to show them to my wife in winter. The other reason is family that I would like to visit there.
From a snow / frozen Falls perspective the question is, whether we should be pushing that further into lets say early February.
Now as far as lodges, I am a bit lost. I am considering the Spectacle Lake Lodge near Algonquin Park. I could potentially fly into Ottawa and then fly out of Toronto. I have not been terribly successful in finding alternatives so far.
Anyone some good suggestions? Any other ideas. The completely different approach would be to fly into Boston, look for options there and then go to Niagara Falls. I dont need a big party for New Years, but a cozy place with maybe a fireplace would be cool.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nous vendons subutex 2mg, 8mg, subuxone aux côtés d'autres pilules
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 5 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card