I am currently toying with plans for a winter trip to Canada. I would like to combine a few days in an lodge type place with some winter fun (snow shoe hike, snowmobile, maybe dogsled. something like that) and then spend a few days in Niagara Falls.
I like the Falls in the winter and would like to show them to my wife in winter. The other reason is family that I would like to visit there.
From a snow / frozen Falls perspective the question is, whether we should be pushing that further into lets say early February.
Now as far as lodges, I am a bit lost. I am considering the Spectacle Lake Lodge near Algonquin Park. I could potentially fly into Ottawa and then fly out of Toronto. I have not been terribly successful in finding alternatives so far.
Anyone some good suggestions? Any other ideas. The completely different approach would be to fly into Boston, look for options there and then go to Niagara Falls. I dont need a big party for New Years, but a cozy place with maybe a fireplace would be cool.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 2 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 3 Itinerary feedback, please
- 4 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 5 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 6 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 7 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 8 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 9 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 10 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 11 Best Way
- 12 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 13 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 14 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 17 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 18 First trip to Vancouver
- 19 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 20 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 21 Alberta Trip_2017
- 22 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 23 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 24 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 25 Calgary Stampede virgin