Well, Vancouver never disappoints. We did the usual itinerary: Granville Island (very delightful on a rainy day), dinner on Robson street, stroll down Denman and Beach Avenue to the English Bay. The hotel we stayed at as Cascadia Hotel and Suites, it is OK, nothing exciting. The next morning, we strolled down Davie to Stanley Park and the English Bay beach. After a delicious lunch, we took our 3-year old to a West End Community center Kids Zone where we ran into people I know from 20 years ago in Kazakhstan. I liked the Sushi Mart on Robson, although it was a bit heavy on salt. The highlight of the trip was discovery Spanish chocolate at Dulcinea on Denman and having martinis and people watching at the Central Bistro also on Denman. Fodor's is a bit light on Canadian trip reviews, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 2 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 3 quebec
- 4 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 5 Jet to Victoria
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 10 Fresh Fruit from US
- 11 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 12 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 13 Alberta Wildfires
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 16 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts