Well, Vancouver never disappoints. We did the usual itinerary: Granville Island (very delightful on a rainy day), dinner on Robson street, stroll down Denman and Beach Avenue to the English Bay. The hotel we stayed at as Cascadia Hotel and Suites, it is OK, nothing exciting. The next morning, we strolled down Davie to Stanley Park and the English Bay beach. After a delicious lunch, we took our 3-year old to a West End Community center Kids Zone where we ran into people I know from 20 years ago in Kazakhstan. I liked the Sushi Mart on Robson, although it was a bit heavy on salt. The highlight of the trip was discovery Spanish chocolate at Dulcinea on Denman and having martinis and people watching at the Central Bistro also on Denman. Fodor's is a bit light on Canadian trip reviews, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.