Is this doable?
we have a week to do it in and then have to get back to vancouver to fly home
so far we are planning to fly into vancouver and then drive to banff and stay there for seven nights...OH will ski lake louise and ill potter doing non-skiing things
have booked the charlton cedar court down on banff ave and will continue to research activities
now...after the skiing part is over, we have another seven days and we were simply going to drive back to vancouver and do that part of the world
however OH is now thinking about driving from banff to prince rupert...he did it once in summer and it was beautiful country
im not so keen...not in winter but i can be talked into it
what are the conditions like? im aware of the snow falls and that roads can be closed
should we just stick with the original plan and go back to vancouver?
any ideas/ routes would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 2 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 5 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 6 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 7 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 8 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 9 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 10 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 13 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 14 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 15 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 16 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 17 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 18 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 19 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 20 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 21 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 22 Pearson Airport logistics
- 23 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 24 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 25 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
Is this doable?