We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also going to post this on the US forum.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about Whistler Gondolas
- 2 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Two week taster
- 5 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 6 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 7 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 8 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 9 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 10 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 11 Victoria Island
- 12 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 13 Accommodation in halifax
- 14 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 17 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 18 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 19 Translink and itinerary questions
- 20 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 21 Montreal Restaurants
- 22 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 23 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 24 Bay of Fundy
- 25 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US