We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also going to post this on the US forum.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria?
- 2 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 7 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 8 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 9 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 10 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 11 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 12 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 13 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 14 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 15 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 16 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 17 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 19 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 20 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 21 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 22 PEI or Cape Breton?
- 23 Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise 10 day trip help
- 24 Athabasca Walks
- 25 One week in Canadian Rockies for young Seniors