We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also going to post this on the US forum.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 3 days in europe
- 2 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 3 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 4 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 5 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 6 Quebec province GTG?
- 7 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 8 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 9 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 10 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 11 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 12 Best hikes in Banff
- 13 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 14 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 15 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 16 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 17 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 18 Nova Scotia hotels
- 19 3 full days in and round Banff
- 20 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 21 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 22 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel
- 23 Where to stay in Montreal?
- 24 Nova Star
- 25 Victoria