We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also going to post this on the US forum.
Canada & Alaska, what time of year?
- 1 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 2 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 3 Gros Morne accommodations
- 4 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 5 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 6 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 7 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 8 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 9 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 10 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 12 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 13 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 14 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 15 Calgary treats
- 16 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 17 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 18 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 19 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 20 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 21 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 22 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls