My husband, 14 yo son and I will be leaving a hiking camp on Mt. Desert Island at noon on a Saturday in August. We love music, dancing, biking and hiking. We have about 5 days, can possibly be extended by a day or two. Can't decide if Campobello Is. is worth it (have heard about it since my youth). The schedule of the CAT ferry doesn't permit the option to drive via Yarmouth, etc., we would lose two days. Should we just go as fast as possible to Cape Breton? Suggested stops on the way? We are most interested in the beauty and music of Cape Breton. I have read many posts, but can't see the details on low tide. Is that really fantastic? We are driving back home through Quebec. Should we bother taking one day for PEI, or just maximize our time on Cape Breton? I love sunsets so am leaning toward evenings on the West side of the island, but will stay anywhere to maximize chances of hearing fiddle music and dancing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bar Harbor to Cape Breton Island
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Tourist wants to sightsee in TO on Christmas
- 2 Flying SFO to Toronto
- 3 Season greetings
- 4 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 5 Montreal Comedy Festival in July 2014
- 6 Parking in Montreal
- 7 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 8 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 9 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 Golden BC
- 12 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 13 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 14 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 15 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 16 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 17 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 18 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 19 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 20 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 21 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 22 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 23 Golden, British Columbia
- 24 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 25 Canadian Rockies Trip Report: