My husband, 14 yo son and I will be leaving a hiking camp on Mt. Desert Island at noon on a Saturday in August. We love music, dancing, biking and hiking. We have about 5 days, can possibly be extended by a day or two. Can't decide if Campobello Is. is worth it (have heard about it since my youth). The schedule of the CAT ferry doesn't permit the option to drive via Yarmouth, etc., we would lose two days. Should we just go as fast as possible to Cape Breton? Suggested stops on the way? We are most interested in the beauty and music of Cape Breton. I have read many posts, but can't see the details on low tide. Is that really fantastic? We are driving back home through Quebec. Should we bother taking one day for PEI, or just maximize our time on Cape Breton? I love sunsets so am leaning toward evenings on the West side of the island, but will stay anywhere to maximize chances of hearing fiddle music and dancing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bar Harbor to Cape Breton Island
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 quebec
- 3 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 Jet to Victoria
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 10 Fresh Fruit from US
- 11 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 12 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 13 Alberta Wildfires
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 16 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts