My husband, 14 yo son and I will be leaving a hiking camp on Mt. Desert Island at noon on a Saturday in August. We love music, dancing, biking and hiking. We have about 5 days, can possibly be extended by a day or two. Can't decide if Campobello Is. is worth it (have heard about it since my youth). The schedule of the CAT ferry doesn't permit the option to drive via Yarmouth, etc., we would lose two days. Should we just go as fast as possible to Cape Breton? Suggested stops on the way? We are most interested in the beauty and music of Cape Breton. I have read many posts, but can't see the details on low tide. Is that really fantastic? We are driving back home through Quebec. Should we bother taking one day for PEI, or just maximize our time on Cape Breton? I love sunsets so am leaning toward evenings on the West side of the island, but will stay anywhere to maximize chances of hearing fiddle music and dancing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bar Harbor to Cape Breton Island
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 2 15 Days in Canada - Quebec and Ontário region
- 3 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 4 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 5 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 6 Adventures in Canada
- 7 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 8 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 9 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 10 NYC to Montreal by train
- 11 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 12 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 13 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 14 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 15 Where to stay in Banff?
- 16 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 17 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 18 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 19 Transport of cremated remains
- 20 Rockies trip in June.
- 21 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 22 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 23 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 24 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 25 First cut Newfoundland itinerary