My husband, 14 yo son and I will be leaving a hiking camp on Mt. Desert Island at noon on a Saturday in August. We love music, dancing, biking and hiking. We have about 5 days, can possibly be extended by a day or two. Can't decide if Campobello Is. is worth it (have heard about it since my youth). The schedule of the CAT ferry doesn't permit the option to drive via Yarmouth, etc., we would lose two days. Should we just go as fast as possible to Cape Breton? Suggested stops on the way? We are most interested in the beauty and music of Cape Breton. I have read many posts, but can't see the details on low tide. Is that really fantastic? We are driving back home through Quebec. Should we bother taking one day for PEI, or just maximize our time on Cape Breton? I love sunsets so am leaning toward evenings on the West side of the island, but will stay anywhere to maximize chances of hearing fiddle music and dancing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bar Harbor to Cape Breton Island
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days