I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bills-vs-Redskins-Live
- 2 a month in Australia help please
- 3 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 4 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 7 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 8 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 9 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 10 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 11 AUSTRALIA
- 12 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?