I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/magic-rock-rx/
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 7 Hamilton Island
- 8 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 9 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 10 3 weeks in NZ
- 11 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 12 Flood Emergency Services
- 13 7 days in New Zealand
- 14 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 15 16 Days on the South Island
- 16 Need help in Auckland
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 18 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 19 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 20 Uber in Sydney
- 21 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 22 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 23 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 24 Darwin Accomodations
- 25 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?