I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help on Itinerary
- 2 New Zealand Itinerary
- 3 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 4 Sydney Trip
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 7 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 8 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 9 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 10 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 11 Extra 2 nights = help
- 12 February Australia Visit
- 13 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 14 Best wildlife near sydney
- 15 Where to go in Australia
- 16 Bruny Island
- 17 Western Australia
- 18 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 19 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 20 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 21 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 22 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 23 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 24 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas
- 25 Telephone Reception
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?