I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 6 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 9 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 10 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 11 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 12 New Zealand itinerary help
- 13 Hotel in Sydney
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Melbourne Drive
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?