I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Te*ch SUPP0RT VERIZON CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O Verizon Reset Password
- 2 Te*ch SUPP0RT VERIZON CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O Verizon Reset Password
- 3 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 4 5 days trip in South Island
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?