I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney and Auckland
- 2 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 3 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 4 Internet access
- 5 Night Out Byron Bay
- 6 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 7 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 8 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 9 10 days itinerary
- 10 Fremantle my love..
- 11 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 12 Packing List
- 13 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 14 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney