I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 14 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 15 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 16 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 17 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 20 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 21 New Zealand with a toddler
- 22 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 23 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 24 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast
- 25 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?