I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Is it Worth a Detour to Ballarat before GOR Drive
- 2 Apex car rental in Australia
- 3 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 4 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 5 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 6 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 7 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 8 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 9 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 10 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 11 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 13 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 14 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 15 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 16 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 17 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 18 Tasmania
- 19 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 20 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 21 Accommodations Brisbane
- 22 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 23 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 24 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 25 Repositioning cruise
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?