I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionfacts.org/follinique-reviews/
- 2 Gluten free Australia
- 3 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 4 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 5 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 6 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 7 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 8 Uluru
- 9 16 days in Australia
- 10 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 11 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 12 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 13 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 14 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 15 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 16 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 17 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 19 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 20 25day planning for Australia
- 21 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 22 Help New Zealand
- 23 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 24 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 25 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?