I've just finished my first year of teaching and was hoping for some advice. Basically, my ultimate plan is to travel and end up teaching in Australia.
The ideal plan would be:
Fly to South America, travel for a couple of months, fly to Australia and try to find a teaching job.
My questions are:
How easy would this be to do? Would I need to find a teaching post beforehand or is it do-able to turn up and apply for jobs?
When would you recommend doing this? (Ie. is there a time of year when job advertisements increase?)
Would I need to organise a visa beforehand?
I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and I'm 24 - I've done a little travelling before but not in this way - any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've checked other posts but nothing matches this.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 2 The whisky trail.
- 3 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 4 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 5 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 6 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 8 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 9 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 10 help with intinerary please!
- 11 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 12 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 13 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 14 Quaint
- 15 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 16 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 17 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 18 Western Australia + Where?
- 19 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 20 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 21 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 22 A few days in Darwin
- 23 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 24 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 25 Ride sharing Service
Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?