My husband and I are planning to visit South island on our honeymoon from 24th Dec to 3rd Jan 2015 During Christmas and new Year.
We will be reaching Auckland on 24th and need help to build a good Itinerary from the experts here which will include a relaxing and rejuvenated holiday / honeymoon for us . We do not want to do extensive travelling but want to cover the best of South island.
Any help / suggestions are much appreciated. Our Itinerary looks like this so far
Day 1 (Dec 24th) - Arrive Auckland in noon. Relax in the eve with a nice dinner
Day 2 (Dec 25th) - fly to Chch in the noon or stay in Auckland to celebrate Christmas???
Day 3,4, 5 (Dec 26-28) -Stay and explore Chch ?? (suggestions of places in Chch OR shud we cover nearby places)
Day 6 (Dec 29th) - Drive to Queenstown via lake Tekapo
Day 6,7, 8 (Dec 29-31) - Stay and see nearby places in Queenstown ??? (Fox Glacier ???)
How is New Year celebration in Queenstown, should we stay in Qstwn for NY eve or leave for Chch ???
Day 9 (Jan 1st) - leave for Chch
Day 10 (Jan 2nd ) - Leave for Auckland from Chch
Day 11 ( jan 3rd ) - Morning flight from Auckland back to Blr.
I have been reading and following up the blogs here but I am really confused now as to what should be the best for us to plan and see in south island. We are more keen on relaxing and enjoying the beauty around rather than only travelling all 10 days. I just want this time to be the best and most memorable for both of us,
Appreciate any help and suggestions!!!
Also to add- both of us are vegetarians so any suggestions on good restaurants will be most welcome in any of these places.
Thankyou all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://thedropnet.com/testoboost-pro/
- 2 January-March When to visit NZ
- 3 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 4 Hikes in New Zealand
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 6 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 7 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 8 Nervous American driving in AU
- 9 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 10 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 11 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 12 New Zeaaland
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 15 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 16 New Zealand on our own?
- 17 2nd year visa extentiom
- 18 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 19 Sydney places to stay
- 20 Sydney in March
- 21 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 22 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 23 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 24 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 25 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary