I will be leaving for Australia October 20th and returning November 17th.
This is my initial itinerary:
Arrive Sydney Oct 22 -28
Sydney- Cairns Oct 28-Nov 4
Cairns – Brisbane Nov 4- 9
Brisbane – Melbourne Nov 9 – 14
Then back to Sydney for departure on the 17th
Apart from my stay in Brisbane, where I will visit with friends, I will be on my own. I am in my early 70's. I plan on flying from place to place since I don't drive anymore. I would love suggestions on what to see and do. Also is the order of places goood and time planned in each?
I will definitively be snorkeling but where I don't know, I presume there are buses once I get to Cairns to take me elsewhere if I so choose. So many choices and places to go
that's why I am asking for help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 4 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 5 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 6 New Zealand itinerary help
- 7 Hotel in Sydney
- 8 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 9 Melbourne Drive
- 10 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 11 Sydney or Melbourne
- 12 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 13 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 14 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 15 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 16 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 17 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 18 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 19 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 20 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 21 New York Times guide to Perth
- 22 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 23 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 24 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 25 Shopping for Opals