I will be leaving for Australia October 20th and returning November 17th.
This is my initial itinerary:
Arrive Sydney Oct 22 -28
Sydney- Cairns Oct 28-Nov 4
Cairns – Brisbane Nov 4- 9
Brisbane – Melbourne Nov 9 – 14
Then back to Sydney for departure on the 17th
Apart from my stay in Brisbane, where I will visit with friends, I will be on my own. I am in my early 70's. I plan on flying from place to place since I don't drive anymore. I would love suggestions on what to see and do. Also is the order of places goood and time planned in each?
I will definitively be snorkeling but where I don't know, I presume there are buses once I get to Cairns to take me elsewhere if I so choose. So many choices and places to go
that's why I am asking for help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 2 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 5 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 6 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 7 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 8 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 9 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 10 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 11 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 12 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 13 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 14 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 15 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 17 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 18 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 19 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 20 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 21 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 22 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 23 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 24 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 25 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget