My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Is French Polynesia worth the cost for a honeymoon??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 2 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 5 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 6 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 7 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 8 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 11 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 12 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 13 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 14 Weather ?
- 15 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 17 Itinerary Planning
- 18 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 19 South IslandItinerary Help
- 20 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 21 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 22 Sydney for 3 days
- 23 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 24 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 25 Conquering Great Walks