My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Is French Polynesia worth the cost for a honeymoon??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Happy Australia Day!
- 2 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 3 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 4 Tim Tam
- 5 Tipping
- 6 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 7 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 8 Transit Time at SYD
- 9 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 10 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 11 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 12 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 13 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 14 Car rentals south island
- 15 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 16 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 17 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 18 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 19 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 20 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 21 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 22 New Zealand
- 23 Need Rotorua advice
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Broome to Cape Leveque