My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Is French Polynesia worth the cost for a honeymoon??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Fremantle my love..
- 2 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 3 10 days itinerary
- 4 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 5 Internet access
- 6 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 7 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 10 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 11 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 12 Books?
- 13 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 14 Choosing a Visa
- 15 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 16 One spare day in Darwin
- 17 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 18 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 19 Travel Visa
- 20 Canberra
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 22 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 23 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 24 Bicycle Traving - What not to do
- 25 5 Australian restaurants make top 100