My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Is French Polynesia worth the cost for a honeymoon??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perth Hotels
- 2 Extra time in Melbourne
- 3 baruntse expedition
- 4 Anyone ever stayed at the Lighthouse Cottages on Kangaroo Island?
- 5 Is this overkill for Fiordland / The Sounds?
- 6 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 7 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 8 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 9 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 10 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 11 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 12 Kangaroo island
- 13 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 14 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 15 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 16 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 17 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 18 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 19 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 20 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 21 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night
- 22 6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?
- 23 When to visit Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Does Anyone Visit Papua New Guinea
- 25 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report