My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Is French Polynesia worth the cost for a honeymoon??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand (Rotorua and Auckland) + Australia (Gold Coast and Sydney)
- 2 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 3 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 4 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 5 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 6 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 7 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 8 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 9 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 10 16 days all over New Zealand
- 11 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 12 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 13 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 14 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 15 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 16 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 17 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 18 Question about the "Build Up"
- 19 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 20 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 21 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 22 Tipping
- 23 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 24 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 25 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania