My fiance and I are trying to decide if we should go to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon in late August for 2 weeks. We were thinking of going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, but we are certainly up for suggestions. We scuba dive and were interested in the kayaking, hiking and other outdoor activities the islands seem to offer. We also want to relax, but we think we will get bored if we spend the entire time in a bungalow on the water kind of deal.
Everything I read continues to say how EXPENSIVE the islands are. I am okay with paying more if it is worth it.....is it?
Also, is there enough to do there (like eating, drinks etc.) or is it pretty sleepy?
Thanks in advance for helping us make our choice. We were also considering Koh Samui in Thailand because my finace loves it, but I didn't know if we should try French Polynesia instead.
Can't wait for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 2 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 3 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 4 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 5 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 6 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 7 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 8 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 9 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 10 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 11 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 12 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 13 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 14 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 15 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 16 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 17 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 18 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 19 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 20 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 21 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 22 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 23 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 24 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 25 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1