The wife and I will be in Fraser island in two days and are wondering if we should take a day tour from kingfisher or rent our own 4WD and venture of on our own.
I like the experience of renting and exploring on our own but am not sure if it's ideal. It's also expensive at $300 for the one day. I also heard the rental companies try to gauge you for the insurance bond.
Can anyone recommend a reputable rental company?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 3 Best national park around Sydney
- 4 1 night stay around GOR
- 5 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 6 7 days in New Zealand
- 7 One-day hike in Milford area
- 8 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 NZ repeat visitors
- 11 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 12 South Island Suggestions
- 13 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 14 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 15 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 16 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 17 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 18 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 19 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 20 New Zealand Car Rental
- 21 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 22 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 23 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 24 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound
- 25 Gariwerd - The Grampians