We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 2 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 3 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 4 January-March When to visit NZ
- 5 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 6 Hikes in New Zealand
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 8 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 9 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 10 Nervous American driving in AU
- 11 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 12 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 13 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 14 New Zeaaland
- 15 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 16 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 17 New Zealand on our own?
- 18 2nd year visa extentiom
- 19 Sydney places to stay
- 20 Sydney in March
- 21 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 22 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 23 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 24 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 25 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary