We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: 2 week Honeymoon: Itinerary planning
- 2 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 3 Has anyone stayed in the asylum hostel in Sydney recently?
- 4 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 5 Help with Australia/NZ itinerary in October.
- 6 How much luggage?
- 7 Most scenic route from Grampians to Burra in one day?
- 8 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 9 Tolls Between Sydney and Katoomba, Including Harbor Bridge?
- 10 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 11 Help with itin Jan and Feb for Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Cruise around Australia and New Zealand-followed by land tour
- 13 New Zealand trip, Nov 2014 Part 2
- 14 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 15 1 Night Glentanner Park 1 Night Aoraki Court Motel
- 16 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 17 New Zealand trip, Nov 2014
- 18 The Kimberley - Outback Spectcular
- 19 Southwest WA Itinerary Sept 2014
- 20 Australia in Oct - Sydney or Perth?
- 21 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 22 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 23 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 24 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 25 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February