We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 2 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 3 Sydney
- 4 One day in Fiji
- 5 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 7 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 8 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 9 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 10 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 11 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 12 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 13 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 14 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 16 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 17 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 18 Hobart
- 19 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 20 Should we change our plans ???
- 21 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 22 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 23 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 24 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 25 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos