We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Trip 13D/13N - Need help to finalize itinerary
- 2 Opal card?
- 3 Great Ocean Road
- 4 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 5 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 6 Milford Track - Alternate options when the huts are not available?
- 7 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 8 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 9 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 10 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 11 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 12 Planning a trip in Australia
- 13 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 14 Good Base for a stay in Australia
- 15 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 16 New Zealand South Island trip - Itinerary guidance
- 17 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 18 Campervans/Motorhome questions
- 19 Tasmania Itinerary for a fly fisherman
- 20 2 weeks trip in Australia
- 21 How is this itinerary?
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 24 Wallis and Futuna decision
- 25 practical advice needed - GPS, phone, hotels