We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 2 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 3 Options for Oceania Cruise - land excursion options
- 4 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 5 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?
- 6 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 7 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 8 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 9 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 10 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 11 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 12 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 13 Accommodation Brisbane
- 14 Accommodation Brisbane
- 15 Happy Australia Day!
- 16 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 17 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 18 Tim Tam
- 19 Tipping
- 20 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 21 Transit Time at SYD
- 22 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 23 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 24 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 25 Car rentals south island