We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 2 Uluru
- 3 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 4 16 days in Australia
- 5 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 6 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 7 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 8 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 11 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 12 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 13 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 14 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 15 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 17 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 18 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 19 25day planning for Australia
- 20 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 21 Help New Zealand
- 22 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 23 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 24 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 25 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast