We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 2 Should we change our plans ???
- 3 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 4 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 5 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 6 Paging Cathies
- 7 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 8 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 9 Kangaroo island
- 10 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 11 Itinerary 20 days
- 12 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 13 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 14 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 15 One day in Fiji
- 16 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 17 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 18 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 19 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 20 Rent or buy campervan
- 21 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 22 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 23 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 24 Cell phone providers
- 25 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help