We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 Free Camping
- 3 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 4 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 5 Clever, mischievous keas
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 8 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 9 Kaikoura roads update
- 10 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 11 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 14 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 15 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne