We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 4 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 5 Byron Bay or ...
- 6 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 7 NZ vs Aust
- 8 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 9 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 10 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 11 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 12 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 13 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 14 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 15 August week end in Auckland
- 16 28 days to campervan around australia
- 17 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 18 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 19 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 20 Sydney Weather in September
- 21 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 22 South Island Suggestions ...
- 23 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 24 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 25 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??