We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Packing List
- 2 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 3 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Internet access
- 9 Night Out Byron Bay
- 10 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 11 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 12 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 13 10 days itinerary
- 14 Fremantle my love..
- 15 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Books?
- 18 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 19 Choosing a Visa
- 20 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 21 One spare day in Darwin
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 24 Travel Visa
- 25 Canberra