We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 2 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 3 Kangaroo island
- 4 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 5 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 6 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 7 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 8 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 9 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 10 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 11 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 12 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 13 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 14 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night
- 15 6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?
- 16 When to visit Great Barrier Reef
- 17 Does Anyone Visit Papua New Guinea
- 18 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 19 Is it possible to do highlights of Australia & NZ in 2 weeks?
- 20 NZ with elderly mom - itinerary help please!
- 21 Karijini (Paraburdoo) to Newman Airport
- 22 ETA website
- 23 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 24 Transfer time in Sydney between domestc and international?
- 25 Short Visit to Tasmania