We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 1 extra day to Nelson or Picton
- 2 Sydney to Brisbane
- 3 February Travel
- 4 its just a post
- 5 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 6 Phone Cards
- 7 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 8 South Island versus North Island NZ
- 9 Is Mid October too late for the wildflowers in Western Australia?
- 10 Traveling through East Coast
- 11 NZ November!
- 12 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 13 New Zealand Sth Island
- 14 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 16 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 17 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 18 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 19 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 20 Abel Tasman National Park
- 21 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 22 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 23 New Zealand First Timer
- 24 3 Days in Positano - What Should We Do?
- 25 Kiwi chick hatches, explores