We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
2 weeks in NZ in September - North vs. South or Both?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 2 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 3 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 4 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 5 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 6 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 7 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 8 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 9 16 days all over New Zealand
- 10 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 11 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 12 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 13 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 14 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 15 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 16 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 17 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 18 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 19 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 20 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 21 Question about the "Build Up"
- 22 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 23 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 24 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 25 Tipping