Last year we stayed at Adelphi Suites and particularly appreciated the proximity to the BTS. But for our trip in 2014 we want to stay on the river. We would love to stay at the Peninsula or Mandarin Oriental, but I fear they will be way out of our price range unless some great specials appear. We'll likely stay for 6 nights in mid January 2014. First, where does one find any specials for hotels along the river? 2nd, recommendations for a hotel a step or two down from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel? Thanks!
Where to Stay on the River in BKK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 3 Penang
- 4 Elephants in SE Asia.
- 5 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 6 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 7 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 10 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 16 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!