I am planning a trip with my girlfriend to SE Asia for 8-10 nights, during the last few days of March into April.
-I am well traveled (Africa, Americas, Middle East, all over EU), while my girlfriend has only been to Canada O_O
-Looking for a luxury beach area that is established enough to have different local shopping / restaurant / sightseeing, while not being too crowded.
-Looking for a taste of one of the urban centers for something different as well
Some of the different trips I have planned out are:
Bangkok 3 nights - Phuket 5 nights
Ho Chi Minh 3 nights - Da Nang 5 nights
Bali - half at a beach resort, half at a resort in the interior
Manilla few nights - Boracay Island for the rest
Any recommendations on which country? Both of our first times to Asia. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Indian Food Series
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 7 "necessities" for India
- 8 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 14 days in Myanmar
- 11 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 12 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 13 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 16 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Short trip to Myanmar
- 18 ATMs in Japan
- 19 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 20 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 21 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 22 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 23 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 24 Mandalay questions
- 25 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay