We'll be in Myanmar for two weeks in August. In Yangon, then Bagan, to Mt. Popa, back to Bagan, Mandalay, then to Inle lake, and back to Yangon for a night.
We booked our flights and hotels through our agency and they've offered a driver and guide, or a private boat when necessary for the entire trip for approximately $1400.
Does this seem worthwhile/needed? I assume we'll need a driver in Bagan and for excursions outside Mandalay.
Is it worthwhile booking and paying in advance or are we better or doing it when there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/testo-xtreme-xl/
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 6 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 7 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Itinerary Help Japan
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 14 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 15 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 22 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 23 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 24 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 25 Car and driver agra to jaipur