We'll be in Myanmar for two weeks in August. In Yangon, then Bagan, to Mt. Popa, back to Bagan, Mandalay, then to Inle lake, and back to Yangon for a night.
We booked our flights and hotels through our agency and they've offered a driver and guide, or a private boat when necessary for the entire trip for approximately $1400.
Does this seem worthwhile/needed? I assume we'll need a driver in Bagan and for excursions outside Mandalay.
Is it worthwhile booking and paying in advance or are we better or doing it when there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best singapore hotel
- 2 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 3 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 4 Help - India take 2
- 5 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 6 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 7 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 8 is this a good travel plan?
- 9 CNX late arrival?
- 10 currency conversion
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 50th Anniversary trip
- 13 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 23 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 24 Phenom Penh
- 25 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?