We'll be in Myanmar for two weeks in August. In Yangon, then Bagan, to Mt. Popa, back to Bagan, Mandalay, then to Inle lake, and back to Yangon for a night.
We booked our flights and hotels through our agency and they've offered a driver and guide, or a private boat when necessary for the entire trip for approximately $1400.
Does this seem worthwhile/needed? I assume we'll need a driver in Bagan and for excursions outside Mandalay.
Is it worthwhile booking and paying in advance or are we better or doing it when there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 2 Travel India solo
- 3 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 8 Being customs
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 myanmar
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 A beach of choice on Samui
- 15 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 16 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 17 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 18 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 19 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 20 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 21 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 22 Osaka, aquarium?
- 23 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 24 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 25 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?