We'll be in Myanmar for two weeks in August. In Yangon, then Bagan, to Mt. Popa, back to Bagan, Mandalay, then to Inle lake, and back to Yangon for a night.
We booked our flights and hotels through our agency and they've offered a driver and guide, or a private boat when necessary for the entire trip for approximately $1400.
Does this seem worthwhile/needed? I assume we'll need a driver in Bagan and for excursions outside Mandalay.
Is it worthwhile booking and paying in advance or are we better or doing it when there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August