We'll be in Myanmar for two weeks in August. In Yangon, then Bagan, to Mt. Popa, back to Bagan, Mandalay, then to Inle lake, and back to Yangon for a night.
We booked our flights and hotels through our agency and they've offered a driver and guide, or a private boat when necessary for the entire trip for approximately $1400.
Does this seem worthwhile/needed? I assume we'll need a driver in Bagan and for excursions outside Mandalay.
Is it worthwhile booking and paying in advance or are we better or doing it when there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://thecracksoftwares.com/k7-total-security-free-download/
- 2 http://thecracksoftwares.com/k7-total-security-free-download/
- 3 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 4 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 5 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 6 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 11 Japan itinerary advice
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Other than Kyoto?
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 18 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 19 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 20 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 21 Beijing tours
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 24 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 25 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!