I think I just experienced my first attempt at a scam yesterday. Some guy was being quite pushy about getting us to hop on a tuk tuk to go to some tourist information place. We refused and kept walking, but then a minute later another came up to us a asked us what the other guy was talking about and he showed a badge that indicated he was the tourist police. Is this for real or was I just an obvious target?
Tourist Police in Bangkok?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 4 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 5 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 6 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 7 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 8 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 9 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 10 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 11 Krabi island tours
- 12 beaches in Thailand
- 13 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 14 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Kyushu rail pass
- 17 6 full days in Yagoon
- 18 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 19 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 20 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 23 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 24 Currency in South Korea
- 25 Tipping in Japan