I think I just experienced my first attempt at a scam yesterday. Some guy was being quite pushy about getting us to hop on a tuk tuk to go to some tourist information place. We refused and kept walking, but then a minute later another came up to us a asked us what the other guy was talking about and he showed a badge that indicated he was the tourist police. Is this for real or was I just an obvious target?
Tourist Police in Bangkok?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 2 Change plans for Thailand in February because of political situation?
- 3 Southern India and Sri Lanka
- 4 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 5 Southern India and Nepal - recommendations please
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Thursdaysd's South Asian Sojourn
- 8 Macau Trip- Information Needed!
- 9 ...or maybe India?
- 10 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 11 3 countries 3 1/2 weeks
- 12 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 13 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 14 By Sea -Diu to Daman
- 15 Medical Evacuation Insurance
- 16 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 SALAY from BAGAN
- 19 Anyone in Bangkok
- 20 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 India Visa
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days?
- 24 1st Time to Japan - 14 Day Itinerary for May - Your Feedback Appreciated!!
- 25 I miss Mongolia