Myself and a friend (both female) are visiting Thailand for the first time from 15th November for 6 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has advice? For example which places are most worth visiting and for how long / the cheapest and most efficient forms of transport / any must-see 'attractions' or hidden gems. Our rough plan (not that we really have one) is to arrive in Bangkok, spend a few days there and then fly on to Chiang Mai where we'll also spend a few days before getting the bus to Chiang Rai. That's all we have so far until 23rd December when we'll be arriving in Koh Phangan and staying for 10 days over Christmas and new year. That will take us to the end of our trip where we'll then go on to Australia for a few months. How does that sound in terms of a rough itinerary, and can anyone recommend a more detailed plan for us? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice received
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Datong in Winter
- 2 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 3 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 4 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 5 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 6 Japan- National Holiday
- 7 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 8 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 9 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 12 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 13 India Safari 2017
- 14 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 15 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 16 India in March and April??
- 17 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 18 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 19 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 20 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 21 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 22 Rishikesh, India
- 23 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 24 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 25 Passport