Myself and a friend (both female) are visiting Thailand for the first time from 15th November for 6 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has advice? For example which places are most worth visiting and for how long / the cheapest and most efficient forms of transport / any must-see 'attractions' or hidden gems. Our rough plan (not that we really have one) is to arrive in Bangkok, spend a few days there and then fly on to Chiang Mai where we'll also spend a few days before getting the bus to Chiang Rai. That's all we have so far until 23rd December when we'll be arriving in Koh Phangan and staying for 10 days over Christmas and new year. That will take us to the end of our trip where we'll then go on to Australia for a few months. How does that sound in terms of a rough itinerary, and can anyone recommend a more detailed plan for us? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice received
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 India help needed
- 8 Place to stay Hue
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 18 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 19 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 Go to Pai or not?
- 22 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 23 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 24 Thai Island Itinerary
- 25 Thailand