Myself and a friend (both female) are visiting Thailand for the first time from 15th November for 6 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has advice? For example which places are most worth visiting and for how long / the cheapest and most efficient forms of transport / any must-see 'attractions' or hidden gems. Our rough plan (not that we really have one) is to arrive in Bangkok, spend a few days there and then fly on to Chiang Mai where we'll also spend a few days before getting the bus to Chiang Rai. That's all we have so far until 23rd December when we'll be arriving in Koh Phangan and staying for 10 days over Christmas and new year. That will take us to the end of our trip where we'll then go on to Australia for a few months. How does that sound in terms of a rough itinerary, and can anyone recommend a more detailed plan for us? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice received
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 2 Seoul Searching Questions
- 3 Japanese art
- 4 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Medical Tourism – Globalization of Healthcare
- 6 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 7 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 First time to SEA
- 10 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 11 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 12 Hakone station confusion
- 13 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 14 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 15 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 16 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 19 Backstreet Academy
- 20 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 21 Visa on Arrival
- 22 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 23 Cebu where to stay
- 24 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 25 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?