Myself and a friend (both female) are visiting Thailand for the first time from 15th November for 6 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has advice? For example which places are most worth visiting and for how long / the cheapest and most efficient forms of transport / any must-see 'attractions' or hidden gems. Our rough plan (not that we really have one) is to arrive in Bangkok, spend a few days there and then fly on to Chiang Mai where we'll also spend a few days before getting the bus to Chiang Rai. That's all we have so far until 23rd December when we'll be arriving in Koh Phangan and staying for 10 days over Christmas and new year. That will take us to the end of our trip where we'll then go on to Australia for a few months. How does that sound in terms of a rough itinerary, and can anyone recommend a more detailed plan for us? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice received
Thailand for 6 weeks...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 2 Missing Air Asia flight
- 3 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 4 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 5 Hanoi driver wanted
- 6 5 nights in Japan.
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 9 Delhi this winter, in pictures!
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 2nd location on the beach
- 12 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 13 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 14 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 15 Thailand - Food recos
- 16 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 17 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 18 Laos for the backpacker
- 19 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 20 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 21 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 22 Thailand Hotel
- 23 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 24 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 25 Honeymoon in Thailand