I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 2 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 3 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 4 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 5 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 7 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 8 What beach to choose?!?!
- 9 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 10 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 11 Business class on JAL
- 12 Private guides & drivers in China
- 13 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 14 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 15 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 16 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 17 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 18 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 19 Traffic in Hanoi
- 20 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 21 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 22 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 23 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 24 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 25 India group or private tour?