I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK