I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Thailand and vaccinations
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Easter egg hunts around the world
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 4 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 5 buying a van in Mongolia
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 8 Japan, japan
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 12 Hong Kong restaurants
- 13 Problems at 12,000'
- 14 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 15 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 16 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 17 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 18 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 19 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 22 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 23 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria