I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 2 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 9 Indonesia travel agent
- 10 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 11 A beach of choice on Samui
- 12 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 13 Bangkok Taxis
- 14 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 15 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 16 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 17 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 18 A month in central Asia
- 19 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 20 Something about... Malaysia
- 21 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 22 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 favorite activities in krabi area
- 25 itinerary help for cambodia and laos