I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NFL Honors show live
- 2 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 3 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 4 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 5 Cebu where to stay
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 10 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 11 Hakone station confusion
- 12 Visa on Arrival
- 13 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 14 Traveling to SE Asia
- 15 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 16 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 17 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 18 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 19 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 20 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 21 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 22 TOKYO tour guide
- 23 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 24 1 month in Thailand and??
- 25 Kimballs in Panama