I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Other than Kyoto?
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Trip Report : China
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 6 Beijing tours
- 7 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 8 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 11 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 15 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 16 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 17 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 18 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 19 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 20 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 21 Takayama trail, Japan
- 22 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 23 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 24 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 25 Japan - Will We Get Lost?