I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Family Trip to Japan
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 10 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 13 New Member
- 14 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 15 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 22 Lodge in Borneo
- 23 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 24 China and Japan help
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014