I am leaving in a week for Thailand (18 days). I already have the Hep A and B and Tetanus and Typhoid . My doctor suggested even Polio so I got a boost. I am taking insect repellent with me and my doctor prescribed Cipro (antibiotic) and Malaria pills. Malarone. I am in my early 60 and I feel that I may not need it.
My group will be in Bankok and in Khao Yai national park for hiking jungle trek for a day and half, then Chiang Mai ,Wat Doi Suthep and Elephant Sanctuary and another one day jungle trek in Chiang Mai. Then to beaches in Koh Lanta and then to Krabi and then Ayutthaya
do I need the Malaria pills for these places ?
Thank You in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 2 Halong Bay cruise
- 3 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 4 Dollar traveller cheques
- 5 India help with where to go
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 8 Hoi An in December?
- 9 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 10 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 13 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 14 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 15 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 16 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 17 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 18 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 19 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 20 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 21 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 22 Is this crazy?
- 23 In Seoul for one day
- 24 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 25 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary