We are heading to Sri Lanka and mainly visiting the Cultural Triangle, then Elkaduwa & Kandy. Our local travel clinic will not discuss needs and requires an actual appointment (not covered by insurance), but the CDC mentions a yellow fever vaccine is required if coming from infected countries and the possibility of malaria in rural areas. We are coming from US with short stop in Singapore. All our other vaccinations are up-to-date (hepatitis, tetunus, polio, etc).....is there anything we need for Sri Lanka? Hoping prior visitors will weigh in on this topic.
Sri LankaTouring - Vaccinations or Malaria Drugs?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 2 One week in India
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 6 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 7 Castle & King
- 8 North Vietnam Again!
- 9 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 12 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 13 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 14 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 17 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 18 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 19 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 20 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 21 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 22 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 23 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 24 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 25 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?