We are heading to Sri Lanka and mainly visiting the Cultural Triangle, then Elkaduwa & Kandy. Our local travel clinic will not discuss needs and requires an actual appointment (not covered by insurance), but the CDC mentions a yellow fever vaccine is required if coming from infected countries and the possibility of malaria in rural areas. We are coming from US with short stop in Singapore. All our other vaccinations are up-to-date (hepatitis, tetunus, polio, etc).....is there anything we need for Sri Lanka? Hoping prior visitors will weigh in on this topic.
Sri LankaTouring - Vaccinations or Malaria Drugs?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traveling to Burma in April
- 2 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 5 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 6 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 7 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 8 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 11 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 12 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 13 JAVA & GILI ISLANDS: Trip Recap + Tips
- 14 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 15 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 Please help me find Cherry in Bangkok
- 18 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 19 First time to srilanka
- 20 Nepal
- 21 Ubud Travelogue (part of 3 1/2 weeks in Bali with our 1-yr-old)
- 22 Beach Hotels
- 23 Ubud Tips
- 24 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 25 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong