We are heading to Sri Lanka and mainly visiting the Cultural Triangle, then Elkaduwa & Kandy. Our local travel clinic will not discuss needs and requires an actual appointment (not covered by insurance), but the CDC mentions a yellow fever vaccine is required if coming from infected countries and the possibility of malaria in rural areas. We are coming from US with short stop in Singapore. All our other vaccinations are up-to-date (hepatitis, tetunus, polio, etc).....is there anything we need for Sri Lanka? Hoping prior visitors will weigh in on this topic.
Sri LankaTouring - Vaccinations or Malaria Drugs?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 2 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 Sr Lanka Update
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 8 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 9 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 10 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 11 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 Connaught Place
- 14 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 15 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 16 My SEA trip - photos update
- 17 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 18 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 19 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 20 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 21 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 22 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 23 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 24 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 25 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan