We are thinking of going to Sri Lanka this Jan. I have come up with this itinerary and was wondering if those Fodorites knowlegeable about Sri Lanka would critique it and tell me if this is reasonable. We don't like a lot of down time, but have tried to respect Fodorite's advice aconcerning how slow travel is in SL.
Day 1-Arrive and overnight in Negombo
Day 2-Transfer to Anuradhapura (5 hrs drive). See Yapahuwa Rock Fortress on the way.
Day3-See ancient city of A-overnight in A
Day 4-Drive to Dambulla. Sightsee Ritigala and Aukana Buddah on the way
Day 5-See cave temple and ancient Polonnawara
Day6-Visit Sigirya Rock Fortress and proceed to Kandy. See Temple of the Tooth in the evening.
Day7-Visit the botanical gardens in the am for 3 hours and drive or take a train to Ella in the afternoon.
Day 8-Visit a tea factory and hike Little Adams Peak
Day 9-Sightsee Ella in the am and drive to Galle (5.5 hours drive)
Day 10-Spend the day at Galle Fort and drive to Negombo in the afternoon
Day 11-Fly home or to India. ( Probably home).
Any thoughts concerning pacing and/ or adding or subtracting sites would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base bangkok or manilla
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week