I'll be entering Japan in mid-July, and have a plan to be in Tokyo for ~1 week and take the train to Hokkaido for ~4 days and then zoom down to Osaka/Mie where my friend lives for the remainder of my trip.
My issue is that I want transportation in Hokkaido, more specifically around Lake Shikotsu or other mountainous regions are where no public transportation reaches!
I was originally planning on maybe taking a taxi up to where I want to go but I highly doubt I would find any taxis in the mountains to get back, and I don't even know how bountiful Hokkaido is in terms of taxis.
I'm trying to cover a lot of land in very little time, so I can't grab my skateboard and definitely do not want to walk ... which lead me to scooters!
~ Are there any recommendations for scooter rental companies in Hokkaido? I'll probably want one for 2 days, so hopefully nothing too pricey ..
~ I'm 21 right now, and I stumbled upon a company that required you to be 26 to rent a scooter in Seoul, Korea, and don't know if this will be an issue in Japan?
If it turns out that I'm not even old enough to rent a scooter, I'll have to trash my plans to wander and not bother getting my IDP as well ..
Thank you for your time, please post any pieces of knowledge you may have about this topic~!
P.S. not a priority, but if anyone knows about scooter rental anywhere between Seoul through Gangwon, please do let me know ~
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 where to stay in Busan
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 Thai Jungle Experience
- 11 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 12 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 First time getting out of the country
- 15 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 20 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 21 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 25 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun