I'll be entering Japan in mid-July, and have a plan to be in Tokyo for ~1 week and take the train to Hokkaido for ~4 days and then zoom down to Osaka/Mie where my friend lives for the remainder of my trip.
My issue is that I want transportation in Hokkaido, more specifically around Lake Shikotsu or other mountainous regions are where no public transportation reaches!
I was originally planning on maybe taking a taxi up to where I want to go but I highly doubt I would find any taxis in the mountains to get back, and I don't even know how bountiful Hokkaido is in terms of taxis.
I'm trying to cover a lot of land in very little time, so I can't grab my skateboard and definitely do not want to walk ... which lead me to scooters!
~ Are there any recommendations for scooter rental companies in Hokkaido? I'll probably want one for 2 days, so hopefully nothing too pricey ..
~ I'm 21 right now, and I stumbled upon a company that required you to be 26 to rent a scooter in Seoul, Korea, and don't know if this will be an issue in Japan?
If it turns out that I'm not even old enough to rent a scooter, I'll have to trash my plans to wander and not bother getting my IDP as well ..
Thank you for your time, please post any pieces of knowledge you may have about this topic~!
P.S. not a priority, but if anyone knows about scooter rental anywhere between Seoul through Gangwon, please do let me know ~
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4u카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 에스카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 Mumbai short visit
- 4 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 5 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 6 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 7 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 Thailand Guides
- 10 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 11 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 12 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 13 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 14 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 India itinerary critique please
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 19 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 20 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 21 Magical India
- 22 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 23 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 24 Vientiane and ??
- 25 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar