I'll be entering Japan in mid-July, and have a plan to be in Tokyo for ~1 week and take the train to Hokkaido for ~4 days and then zoom down to Osaka/Mie where my friend lives for the remainder of my trip.
My issue is that I want transportation in Hokkaido, more specifically around Lake Shikotsu or other mountainous regions are where no public transportation reaches!
I was originally planning on maybe taking a taxi up to where I want to go but I highly doubt I would find any taxis in the mountains to get back, and I don't even know how bountiful Hokkaido is in terms of taxis.
I'm trying to cover a lot of land in very little time, so I can't grab my skateboard and definitely do not want to walk ... which lead me to scooters!
~ Are there any recommendations for scooter rental companies in Hokkaido? I'll probably want one for 2 days, so hopefully nothing too pricey ..
~ I'm 21 right now, and I stumbled upon a company that required you to be 26 to rent a scooter in Seoul, Korea, and don't know if this will be an issue in Japan?
If it turns out that I'm not even old enough to rent a scooter, I'll have to trash my plans to wander and not bother getting my IDP as well ..
Thank you for your time, please post any pieces of knowledge you may have about this topic~!
P.S. not a priority, but if anyone knows about scooter rental anywhere between Seoul through Gangwon, please do let me know ~
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 2 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 6 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 7 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 8 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 9 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 10 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 13 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 14 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 19 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 20 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?