I am seeking your advice on "must sees" and "must dos" in Japan. I will be traveling there at the end of Nov - 16-25, and will have 1 week on the ground. Not a long trip! Either way, we wanted to take advantage of a couple of days off work for US Thanksgiving holiday and we thought a quick visit would be worth the travel!
Knowing this, we don't want to pack too much in. There will be 4 people total traveling, all 30 or slightly younger. With only a week, we think our best bet is to do Tokyo and Kyoto. I know, I know - we could easily spend a week along in just Toyko, but we want to see more than 1 city. Additionally, if there are any day trips or towns that are a quick trip outside of Tokyo / Kyoto, we are open to that as well.
We are relatively adventurous with our travels and want to have a mixture of an amazing cultural/history experience, food experience, and just overall unique experiences.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Know the Man Behind Natadola Project
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 6 Luggage size China ?
- 7 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 8 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 9 Thai Elephants
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 15 Sri Lanka in August
- 16 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan/Korea/HK
- 19 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 22 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 23 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?