We are an older active couple who travel easily and have been to Thailand before, but not north of Chiang Mai. We are considering the following itinerary and hotels and would like your comments. Also what is the best way to rent a car in Chiang Mai?
day 1 and 2 Chiang Mai (to jet lag) - Chiang Mai Plaza
day 3 - pickup car at airport then drive to Mae Sariang - Good View Guest House
day 4 drive to mae hong song - Imperial Mae Hong Song Resort
day 5 Mae Hong Song
day 6 drive to Pai - Belle Villa Resort
day 7 drive to Chiang Dao - Marissa Resort and Spa
day 8 drive to Mae Salong via Fang then on to Mae Sai - Poonyamantra Resort
day 9 drive to Chiang Rai - Wiang Inn
day 10 - back to Chiang Mai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 2 Japan Trip Delayed
- 3 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 4 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 5 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 6 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 7 Month long SE Asia trip
- 8 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 9 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 10 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 11 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 12 Cambodia weather
- 13 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 18 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 19 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 20 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 21 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 22 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 23 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 24 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 25 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please