We are an older active couple who travel easily and have been to Thailand before, but not north of Chiang Mai. We are considering the following itinerary and hotels and would like your comments. Also what is the best way to rent a car in Chiang Mai?
day 1 and 2 Chiang Mai (to jet lag) - Chiang Mai Plaza
day 3 - pickup car at airport then drive to Mae Sariang - Good View Guest House
day 4 drive to mae hong song - Imperial Mae Hong Song Resort
day 5 Mae Hong Song
day 6 drive to Pai - Belle Villa Resort
day 7 drive to Chiang Dao - Marissa Resort and Spa
day 8 drive to Mae Salong via Fang then on to Mae Sai - Poonyamantra Resort
day 9 drive to Chiang Rai - Wiang Inn
day 10 - back to Chiang Mai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali private driver recommendation
- 2 North India Itinerary advice
- 3 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 4 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?