We are an older active couple who travel easily and have been to Thailand before, but not north of Chiang Mai. We are considering the following itinerary and hotels and would like your comments. Also what is the best way to rent a car in Chiang Mai?
day 1 and 2 Chiang Mai (to jet lag) - Chiang Mai Plaza
day 3 - pickup car at airport then drive to Mae Sariang - Good View Guest House
day 4 drive to mae hong song - Imperial Mae Hong Song Resort
day 5 Mae Hong Song
day 6 drive to Pai - Belle Villa Resort
day 7 drive to Chiang Dao - Marissa Resort and Spa
day 8 drive to Mae Salong via Fang then on to Mae Sai - Poonyamantra Resort
day 9 drive to Chiang Rai - Wiang Inn
day 10 - back to Chiang Mai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Road Scholar tour in China
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 China in june-July
- 4 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 China in July
- 10 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 11 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 16 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 18 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 19 Being customs
- 20 Itinerary feedback please
- 21 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 22 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 23 Tips in Myanmar
- 24 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 25 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed