We are an older active couple who travel easily and have been to Thailand before, but not north of Chiang Mai. We are considering the following itinerary and hotels and would like your comments. Also what is the best way to rent a car in Chiang Mai?
day 1 and 2 Chiang Mai (to jet lag) - Chiang Mai Plaza
day 3 - pickup car at airport then drive to Mae Sariang - Good View Guest House
day 4 drive to mae hong song - Imperial Mae Hong Song Resort
day 5 Mae Hong Song
day 6 drive to Pai - Belle Villa Resort
day 7 drive to Chiang Dao - Marissa Resort and Spa
day 8 drive to Mae Salong via Fang then on to Mae Sai - Poonyamantra Resort
day 9 drive to Chiang Rai - Wiang Inn
day 10 - back to Chiang Mai
Northern Thailand Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 4 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 5 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 6 Japan night bus
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 Living in Singapore Questions
- 9 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 10 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 11 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions