As our departing flight out of Tokyo leaves Narita at 10.30 am I've decided to take heed of suggestions here and stay the preceding night in Narita. I'm holding two options and would love input from those of you who've stayed before.
I have booked a traditional Japanese room, including dinner, at (ryokan) Wakamatsu Honten, which is directly opposite Naritasan Shinshō-ji Temple, indeed some of the rooms have direct views over the temple. Advantages is that it feels like a proper night of the holiday, sounds like a charming area to wonder around before / after dinner and the reviews are positive. They don't provide shuttles to the airport but we can shuttle back to the train station and hop on the train around to the airport, looks straightforward. And if we decide against the faff, we can always hop in a taxi, shouldn't be too exhorbitant.
I'm also holding a booking at Richmond Hotel Narita, reviews on booking.com look decent, it's right by Narita train station which is also a good area for local restaurants and izakaya. Is under a 3rd of the price of Wakamatsu (though the ryokan includes dinner). But I'm thinking it'll feel more like marking time till our departure whereas Wakamatsu will feel more like we're still eking out the last bit of our holiday.
Any thoughts from those who've stayed in Narita?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Road Scholar tour in China
- 2 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 3 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 8 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 9 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!