As our departing flight out of Tokyo leaves Narita at 10.30 am I've decided to take heed of suggestions here and stay the preceding night in Narita. I'm holding two options and would love input from those of you who've stayed before.
I have booked a traditional Japanese room, including dinner, at (ryokan) Wakamatsu Honten, which is directly opposite Naritasan Shinshō-ji Temple, indeed some of the rooms have direct views over the temple. Advantages is that it feels like a proper night of the holiday, sounds like a charming area to wonder around before / after dinner and the reviews are positive. They don't provide shuttles to the airport but we can shuttle back to the train station and hop on the train around to the airport, looks straightforward. And if we decide against the faff, we can always hop in a taxi, shouldn't be too exhorbitant.
I'm also holding a booking at Richmond Hotel Narita, reviews on booking.com look decent, it's right by Narita train station which is also a good area for local restaurants and izakaya. Is under a 3rd of the price of Wakamatsu (though the ryokan includes dinner). But I'm thinking it'll feel more like marking time till our departure whereas Wakamatsu will feel more like we're still eking out the last bit of our holiday.
Any thoughts from those who've stayed in Narita?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Silk Road Tour - China
- 2 Bye bye SE Asia
- 3 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 4 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 7 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 8 India Tour Companies
- 9 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 10 Laos planning.
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 13 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 16 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 17 One night in Osaka
- 18 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 19 Japan - costs
- 20 Japan for Foodies
- 21 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 22 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 23 Japan Rail Pass
- 24 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 25 south east asia 3 weeks in june