As our departing flight out of Tokyo leaves Narita at 10.30 am I've decided to take heed of suggestions here and stay the preceding night in Narita. I'm holding two options and would love input from those of you who've stayed before.
I have booked a traditional Japanese room, including dinner, at (ryokan) Wakamatsu Honten, which is directly opposite Naritasan Shinshō-ji Temple, indeed some of the rooms have direct views over the temple. Advantages is that it feels like a proper night of the holiday, sounds like a charming area to wonder around before / after dinner and the reviews are positive. They don't provide shuttles to the airport but we can shuttle back to the train station and hop on the train around to the airport, looks straightforward. And if we decide against the faff, we can always hop in a taxi, shouldn't be too exhorbitant.
I'm also holding a booking at Richmond Hotel Narita, reviews on booking.com look decent, it's right by Narita train station which is also a good area for local restaurants and izakaya. Is under a 3rd of the price of Wakamatsu (though the ryokan includes dinner). But I'm thinking it'll feel more like marking time till our departure whereas Wakamatsu will feel more like we're still eking out the last bit of our holiday.
Any thoughts from those who've stayed in Narita?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 2 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 5 India help needed
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 Sim cards and adaptors
- 9 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 10 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 11 Sri Lanka Visa
- 12 Hoi Ann hotel
- 13 Hotel in Hanoi
- 14 Place to stay Hue
- 15 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 16 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 17 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 18 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 19 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 20 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 22 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 23 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 24 Trekking outside Sapa
- 25 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann