As our departing flight out of Tokyo leaves Narita at 10.30 am I've decided to take heed of suggestions here and stay the preceding night in Narita. I'm holding two options and would love input from those of you who've stayed before.
I have booked a traditional Japanese room, including dinner, at (ryokan) Wakamatsu Honten, which is directly opposite Naritasan Shinshō-ji Temple, indeed some of the rooms have direct views over the temple. Advantages is that it feels like a proper night of the holiday, sounds like a charming area to wonder around before / after dinner and the reviews are positive. They don't provide shuttles to the airport but we can shuttle back to the train station and hop on the train around to the airport, looks straightforward. And if we decide against the faff, we can always hop in a taxi, shouldn't be too exhorbitant.
I'm also holding a booking at Richmond Hotel Narita, reviews on booking.com look decent, it's right by Narita train station which is also a good area for local restaurants and izakaya. Is under a 3rd of the price of Wakamatsu (though the ryokan includes dinner). But I'm thinking it'll feel more like marking time till our departure whereas Wakamatsu will feel more like we're still eking out the last bit of our holiday.
Any thoughts from those who've stayed in Narita?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Traffic and Police in India
- 6 Serendipity Srilanka
- 7 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 8 New Thai Visa
- 9 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 New Years in Japan
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Sri Lanka in December
- 14 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 15 january 31 in colombo
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 18 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 19 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 20 3 weeks in Japan
- 21 A first time for everything in Japan
- 22 India Tour Companies
- 23 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 24 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 25 Kerala House Boat book online?