I'm considering the following itinerary for my upcoming honeymoon: I'd love any additional thoughts. My partner and I want a good mix of city and temple exploration. His 'must' is Tsukiji Market, and my must is staying in a temple on Mt. Koya. I don't want to switch hotels every 2 nights, and was thinking we'll stay put in both Tokyo + Kyoto, with day trips from there. Addtl hotels would be one night at an onsen and one night at a temple. Is this too ambitious? First time in Japan (or Asia, for that matter) for both us. WE ARE SO EXCITED.
Flights are booked: NYC to Narita and back. 14 days total.
Friday, December 4th 2015: depart NYC
Saturday December 5th: land 9pm in Narita
Sunday December 6th: Tokyo: Open day, but sleepy day
Monday December 7th: Tokyo
Tuesday December 8th: Tokyo
Wednesday December 9th: Tokyo: Day trip to Monkey Park, Jigokudani?
Thursday December 10th: head to Takaragawa for Takaragawa Onsen
Friday December 11th: more Onsen, then head to Kyoto
Saturday December 12th: Kyoto: bamboo forest/ 1-2 temples/ Fushimi Inari
Sunday December 13th: Osaka: day trip (hotel in Kyoto)
Monday December 14th: Nara: day trip (hotel in Kyoto)
Tuesday December 15th: head to Mt. Koya
Wednesday December 16th: at end of day head back to Tokyo
Thursday December 17th: Tokyo
Friday December 18th: Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/atheno-cream/
- 2 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 3 Benefits of Online Hotel Booking & Popular Hotel Search Engines
- 4 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 5 Sri Lanka in December
- 6 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 7 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 8 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 9 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 10 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 11 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 12 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 13 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 14 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 15 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 16 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Hong Kong
- 19 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 20 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 21 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 22 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 25 Budget Servied Apt