I'm traveling with three other people who are from NYC & LA 27-31 in age and we are flying into Tokyo the evening of April 5th and departing from Tokyo April 17th.
We are looking for ideas for an itinerary. We would like to travel to Takayama, Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka. Any advice on which order we should go? I wasn't sure if we should go straight down to Kyoto then work our way up or work our way down then head back for our flight. Thoughts?
We would like to explore small towns and get out of the city and see traditional culture, any ideas?
If you have any suggestions about must sees or places that are not worth traveling to, please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 6 North India Itinerary advice
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 11 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 12 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 13 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 14 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 15 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 16 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Kerala trip
- 18 E Visa for India?
- 19 1-2 months South East Asia
- 20 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 21 Help - India.
- 22 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 23 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 24 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 25 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary