I'm traveling with three other people who are from NYC & LA 27-31 in age and we are flying into Tokyo the evening of April 5th and departing from Tokyo April 17th.
We are looking for ideas for an itinerary. We would like to travel to Takayama, Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka. Any advice on which order we should go? I wasn't sure if we should go straight down to Kyoto then work our way up or work our way down then head back for our flight. Thoughts?
We would like to explore small towns and get out of the city and see traditional culture, any ideas?
If you have any suggestions about must sees or places that are not worth traveling to, please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan for Foodies
- 2 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 3 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 4 Singapore weather in August/September
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 7 One night in Osaka
- 8 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 9 First time going abroad
- 10 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 11 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 Backpacking on a budget
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 16 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 17 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 18 electric plug
- 19 Day trips from Sapporo
- 20 Etiquette in Japan
- 21 Northern Thailand Options
- 22 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 23 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 24 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto
- 25 Staying Connected In Sri Lanka and India