Hello fellow Fodorites!
Since you steered me in terrific directions on my last 2 trips to Asia, I'm hoping for your wisdom and insights again. This July my son and I are off to volunteer at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park (again) and then onto Burma for 9 days.
I've already contacted Santa Maria travel and below is the itinerary they sent back.
Day 1- fly from Chiang Mai >BBK> Yangon (haven't booked flights yet, hoping to arrive by 11am
Day 2- fly Yangon>Bagan at 6:30 am. Stay at Tharabar (I'll contact Min-Thu for the next few days)
Day 3-4- still at Bagan
Day 5- fly to Heho at 8:10 am. Drive to Kalaw for 1/2 day trek to Palaung village. Overnight at Hilltop villa resort
Day 6- Drive to Taunggyi then visit Kakku Pagoda. Drive to Nyaungshwe and boat transfer to hotel at Inle lake (Stay at Inle Lake view resort for 3 nights)
Day 7- Inle lake (no guides)
Day 8- Inle lake, visit Sagar
Day 9- Fly back to Yangon arriving at about 11am. Fly to BKK about 4:30 pm
So here's my longwinded question:
I feel my time is Yangon is somewhat squeezed and I haven't worked out my arriving flights. I think its more likely I'll be arriving at 3pm. Basically not giving us much time in Yangon at all. Should I take out the excursion to Kalaw/overnight at Hilltop villa and add overnight in Yangon at the end?
Thanks again everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 3 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 6 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 7 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 9 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 10 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 11 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 12 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 13 An island paradise?
- 14 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 15 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 16 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 17 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 18 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 19 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 20 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 21 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 22 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 23 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 24 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 25 Spontaneous trip to Japan
Hello fellow Fodorites!