Hello fellow Fodorites!
Since you steered me in terrific directions on my last 2 trips to Asia, I'm hoping for your wisdom and insights again. This July my son and I are off to volunteer at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park (again) and then onto Burma for 9 days.
I've already contacted Santa Maria travel and below is the itinerary they sent back.
Day 1- fly from Chiang Mai >BBK> Yangon (haven't booked flights yet, hoping to arrive by 11am
Day 2- fly Yangon>Bagan at 6:30 am. Stay at Tharabar (I'll contact Min-Thu for the next few days)
Day 3-4- still at Bagan
Day 5- fly to Heho at 8:10 am. Drive to Kalaw for 1/2 day trek to Palaung village. Overnight at Hilltop villa resort
Day 6- Drive to Taunggyi then visit Kakku Pagoda. Drive to Nyaungshwe and boat transfer to hotel at Inle lake (Stay at Inle Lake view resort for 3 nights)
Day 7- Inle lake (no guides)
Day 8- Inle lake, visit Sagar
Day 9- Fly back to Yangon arriving at about 11am. Fly to BKK about 4:30 pm
So here's my longwinded question:
I feel my time is Yangon is somewhat squeezed and I haven't worked out my arriving flights. I think its more likely I'll be arriving at 3pm. Basically not giving us much time in Yangon at all. Should I take out the excursion to Kalaw/overnight at Hilltop villa and add overnight in Yangon at the end?
Thanks again everyone.
Itinerary for Burma in July
Hello fellow Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 4 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 5 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 10 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 11 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 15 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 16 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 17 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 20 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 21 Kashmir today
- 22 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 25 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.