Hello fellow Fodorites!
Since you steered me in terrific directions on my last 2 trips to Asia, I'm hoping for your wisdom and insights again. This July my son and I are off to volunteer at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park (again) and then onto Burma for 9 days.
I've already contacted Santa Maria travel and below is the itinerary they sent back.
Day 1- fly from Chiang Mai >BBK> Yangon (haven't booked flights yet, hoping to arrive by 11am
Day 2- fly Yangon>Bagan at 6:30 am. Stay at Tharabar (I'll contact Min-Thu for the next few days)
Day 3-4- still at Bagan
Day 5- fly to Heho at 8:10 am. Drive to Kalaw for 1/2 day trek to Palaung village. Overnight at Hilltop villa resort
Day 6- Drive to Taunggyi then visit Kakku Pagoda. Drive to Nyaungshwe and boat transfer to hotel at Inle lake (Stay at Inle Lake view resort for 3 nights)
Day 7- Inle lake (no guides)
Day 8- Inle lake, visit Sagar
Day 9- Fly back to Yangon arriving at about 11am. Fly to BKK about 4:30 pm
So here's my longwinded question:
I feel my time is Yangon is somewhat squeezed and I haven't worked out my arriving flights. I think its more likely I'll be arriving at 3pm. Basically not giving us much time in Yangon at all. Should I take out the excursion to Kalaw/overnight at Hilltop villa and add overnight in Yangon at the end?
Thanks again everyone.
Itinerary for Burma in July
Hello fellow Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 Factory "outlet" stores in Vietnam?
- 3 Missing Air Asia flight
- 4 Hanoi driver wanted
- 5 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 6 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 7 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 8 5 nights in Japan.
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 Delhi this winter, in pictures!
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 2nd location on the beach
- 13 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 14 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 15 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 16 Thailand - Food recos
- 17 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 18 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 19 Laos for the backpacker
- 20 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 21 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 22 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 23 Thailand Hotel
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia