Hello fellow Fodorites!
Since you steered me in terrific directions on my last 2 trips to Asia, I'm hoping for your wisdom and insights again. This July my son and I are off to volunteer at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park (again) and then onto Burma for 9 days.
I've already contacted Santa Maria travel and below is the itinerary they sent back.
Day 1- fly from Chiang Mai >BBK> Yangon (haven't booked flights yet, hoping to arrive by 11am
Day 2- fly Yangon>Bagan at 6:30 am. Stay at Tharabar (I'll contact Min-Thu for the next few days)
Day 3-4- still at Bagan
Day 5- fly to Heho at 8:10 am. Drive to Kalaw for 1/2 day trek to Palaung village. Overnight at Hilltop villa resort
Day 6- Drive to Taunggyi then visit Kakku Pagoda. Drive to Nyaungshwe and boat transfer to hotel at Inle lake (Stay at Inle Lake view resort for 3 nights)
Day 7- Inle lake (no guides)
Day 8- Inle lake, visit Sagar
Day 9- Fly back to Yangon arriving at about 11am. Fly to BKK about 4:30 pm
So here's my longwinded question:
I feel my time is Yangon is somewhat squeezed and I haven't worked out my arriving flights. I think its more likely I'll be arriving at 3pm. Basically not giving us much time in Yangon at all. Should I take out the excursion to Kalaw/overnight at Hilltop villa and add overnight in Yangon at the end?
Thanks again everyone.
Itinerary for Burma in July
Hello fellow Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 2 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 Thai island escape
- 5 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 6 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 7 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 8 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 9 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 10 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals