Hello fellow Fodorites!
Since you steered me in terrific directions on my last 2 trips to Asia, I'm hoping for your wisdom and insights again. This July my son and I are off to volunteer at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park (again) and then onto Burma for 9 days.
I've already contacted Santa Maria travel and below is the itinerary they sent back.
Day 1- fly from Chiang Mai >BBK> Yangon (haven't booked flights yet, hoping to arrive by 11am
Day 2- fly Yangon>Bagan at 6:30 am. Stay at Tharabar (I'll contact Min-Thu for the next few days)
Day 3-4- still at Bagan
Day 5- fly to Heho at 8:10 am. Drive to Kalaw for 1/2 day trek to Palaung village. Overnight at Hilltop villa resort
Day 6- Drive to Taunggyi then visit Kakku Pagoda. Drive to Nyaungshwe and boat transfer to hotel at Inle lake (Stay at Inle Lake view resort for 3 nights)
Day 7- Inle lake (no guides)
Day 8- Inle lake, visit Sagar
Day 9- Fly back to Yangon arriving at about 11am. Fly to BKK about 4:30 pm
So here's my longwinded question:
I feel my time is Yangon is somewhat squeezed and I haven't worked out my arriving flights. I think its more likely I'll be arriving at 3pm. Basically not giving us much time in Yangon at all. Should I take out the excursion to Kalaw/overnight at Hilltop villa and add overnight in Yangon at the end?
Thanks again everyone.
Itinerary for Burma in July
Hello fellow Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended Rent Car for Bromo - Ijen Tour
- 2 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 3 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 4 India at the end of May
- 5 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 6 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 7 Creating a Central + East Java Dream Travel!
- 8 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 9 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 10 NEPAL CONNECTION Non Profit Restaurant
- 11 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 12 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 13 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 14 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 16 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 17 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 18 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 19 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 20 Singapore
- 21 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 22 National Parks - which to choose
- 23 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 17 Day Itinerary