This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 2 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 3 Other than Kyoto?
- 4 Trip Report : China
- 5 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 6 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 7 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 8 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 12 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 13 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 14 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 15 A great trip in India
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 18 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 19 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 20 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 21 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 22 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 23 Takayama trail, Japan
- 24 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 25 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal