This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Visiting China - must be tour
- 5 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 6 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 7 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 10 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 11 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 12 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 13 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 14 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 15 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 16 An island paradise?
- 17 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 18 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 19 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 20 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 21 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 22 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 23 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 24 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 25 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal