This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthproductselection.com/testo-max-hd/
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Child car seat protector
- 4 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 5 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 6 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 7 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 8 Myanmar tour companies
- 9 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 10 Touristy Thailand
- 11 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 12 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 A Victory Day Tour
- 15 3 weeks in Japan
- 16 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 21 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 22 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide
- 25 Outlet Adapter Plugs For Sri Lanka And India
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal