This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My visit to Thailand
- 2 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 5 weeks in Japan
- 5 Gutted!
- 6 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 7 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 8 Family Trip to Japan
- 9 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 10 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 13 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 14 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 15 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 16 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 17 New Member
- 18 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 19 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 20 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 21 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 22 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 23 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 24 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 25 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal