This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 a product but for misleading ancillary claim like it's a100
- 2 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 3 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 4 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 7 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 8 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 9 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 vietnam and laos
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 Connaught Place
- 14 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 15 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 16 My SEA trip - photos update
- 17 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 18 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 19 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 20 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 21 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 22 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 23 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 24 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 25 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan