This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cubs vs Dodgers
- 2 Sri Lanka Visa
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Hoi Ann hotel
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 8 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 9 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 10 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 11 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 12 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 13 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 14 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 15 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 16 India help needed
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 24 Go to Pai or not?
- 25 Ko Kraden hotels
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal