This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 2 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 3 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 4 Bali - What to do?
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 China in July
- 7 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 8 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 9 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 12 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 13 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 14 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 17 Being customs
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 20 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 21 Tips in Myanmar
- 22 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 23 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 24 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 25 myanmar
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal