This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 4 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 5 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 6 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 Phuket
- 12 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 13 India, What Can I Say!
- 14 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 15 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 16 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 17 Travel during China national week?
- 18 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 19 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 20 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 21 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 22 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 23 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 24 Angkor - when to go?
- 25 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville