This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 4 Laos planning.
- 5 Impressions of India
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Japan - costs
- 9 Japan for Foodies
- 10 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 13 Japan Rail Pass
- 14 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 15 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Sri Lanka May
- 18 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 19 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 20 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 21 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 22 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 23 One night in Osaka
- 24 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 25 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal