This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my list are Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. I'm planning a 3 week trip sometime in late June/July 2013.
I keep hearing warnings about the rainy weather this time of year. I would really love to be able to visit these places, but I'm wondering whether I should hold off until a better time of year to be able to do and see everything that I want. (This trip idea originally started because I wanted to do a trek in Nepal)...Any advice on whether I should go anyway, or whether I should think about different places to visit instead? (Open to suggestions on other good, less rainy locations in Asia in June and July....)
This trip is very spontaneous, and on a recent college grad's somewhat limited budget - but I'm open to doing anything (love cultural monuments/museums/touchstones but also especially outdoors adventure-type stuff). If you have any advice or tips about where to stay/what to see/how to make the best of 3 weeks, please let me know!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 2 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 3 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 4 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 7 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 8 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 9 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 10 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 11 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 12 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 13 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 16 Amakusa island help
- 17 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- 18 Rishikesh, India
- 19 a month in india
- 20 Itinerary Help?!
- 21 Tipping
- 22 10 days in Japan. 3 adults, 3 tween girls
- 23 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 24 My Vague Plans For Sri Lanka And South India
- 25 Please recommend overnight side trips from Fukuoka
First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal