We've just started to research a possible holiday in Okinawa, mainly for diving and snorkelling. We are advanced scuba divers. Finding it difficult to work out the best place to stay on the islands and many of the guesthouse websites are only in Japanese. We don't have a specific budget to keep to, minimum requirement for lodgings would be a private bathroom. We are planning to visit in July which might not be the best time due to the typhoon season. Would appreciate any advice to point us in the right direction so we can research, plan and book. Booking flights is not an issue, its really where to stay that is close to the best dive sites and beaches that we would like some advice. Thanks!
Diving and snorkelling in Okinawa
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 4 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 7 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 10 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 11 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 15 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 16 Myanmar - some questions
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 19 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 20 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 21 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 23 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 24 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 25 Phuket and surrounding areas