I am planning a 3 week trip to China in May/June. I have read conflicting opinions on this site about booking lodging in advance. Some say that you are losing hundreds of dollars if you pre-book because everything is negotiated on the spot. However, if there is a particular hotel with a limited number of rooms that we are interested in, is it best to book in advance to ensure you have a room there? I am assuming that answer is yes, but leaving it open for opinion...And I don't have one in mind, but I have seen a few while browsing.
As far as the cities we are visiting, I am specifically referencing Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, do the larger chains/brand hotels negotiate in China as well, or is the negotiability factor only relevant to mid-size or smaller Chinese-owned hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mumbai Escorts
- 2 Very Diets - How To Get Rid Of Fat
- 3 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 4 the best holiday in bali
- 5 Thailand Assistance
- 6 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 7 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 8 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 9 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 10 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 11 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 12 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 13 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 14 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 15 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 16 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 19 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 20 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 21 Japan in February
- 22 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 23 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 24 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 25 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons