I am planning a 3 week trip to China in May/June. I have read conflicting opinions on this site about booking lodging in advance. Some say that you are losing hundreds of dollars if you pre-book because everything is negotiated on the spot. However, if there is a particular hotel with a limited number of rooms that we are interested in, is it best to book in advance to ensure you have a room there? I am assuming that answer is yes, but leaving it open for opinion...And I don't have one in mind, but I have seen a few while browsing.
As far as the cities we are visiting, I am specifically referencing Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, do the larger chains/brand hotels negotiate in China as well, or is the negotiability factor only relevant to mid-size or smaller Chinese-owned hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 안전한놀이터／∮「〃ZeM33 . CoM〃」∮＼ 토토추천
- 2 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 3 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 4 Being customs
- 5 Itinerary feedback please
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Bali - What to do?
- 8 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 9 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 10 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 11 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 12 Tips in Myanmar
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 15 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 16 Road Scholar tour in China
- 17 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 18 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 19 myanmar
- 20 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 21 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 22 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 23 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 24 A beach of choice on Samui
- 25 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing