I am planning a 3 week trip to China in May/June. I have read conflicting opinions on this site about booking lodging in advance. Some say that you are losing hundreds of dollars if you pre-book because everything is negotiated on the spot. However, if there is a particular hotel with a limited number of rooms that we are interested in, is it best to book in advance to ensure you have a room there? I am assuming that answer is yes, but leaving it open for opinion...And I don't have one in mind, but I have seen a few while browsing.
As far as the cities we are visiting, I am specifically referencing Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, do the larger chains/brand hotels negotiate in China as well, or is the negotiability factor only relevant to mid-size or smaller Chinese-owned hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US/CANADA: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL
- 2 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 3 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 4 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 5 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 6 Tea estates of Munnar
- 7 Booking on the fly
- 8 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 9 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 10 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 like my food
- 13 Laos or Kerala?
- 14 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 15 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 16 Portable wifi rental
- 17 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 18 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 19 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 20 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 21 Gluten Free in Armenia?
- 22 Uzbekistan Visa
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Neighborhoods in Singapore, Bangkok, Cambodia
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice