I am planning a 3 week trip to China in May/June. I have read conflicting opinions on this site about booking lodging in advance. Some say that you are losing hundreds of dollars if you pre-book because everything is negotiated on the spot. However, if there is a particular hotel with a limited number of rooms that we are interested in, is it best to book in advance to ensure you have a room there? I am assuming that answer is yes, but leaving it open for opinion...And I don't have one in mind, but I have seen a few while browsing.
As far as the cities we are visiting, I am specifically referencing Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, do the larger chains/brand hotels negotiate in China as well, or is the negotiability factor only relevant to mid-size or smaller Chinese-owned hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.health2facts.org/dermabliss-cream/
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 Thai Elephants
- 4 Top 5 weekend gateways with Family from Delhi
- 5 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 8 Mumbai short visit
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Phuket Beaches
- 11 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 14 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 15 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 16 Japan Itinerary!
- 17 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 18 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 19 Thailand Guides
- 20 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 21 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 22 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 23 India itinerary critique please
- 24 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 25 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali