About three weeks ago I started a backpacking trip around Southeast Asia in Thailand. I met a group of girls and we have been travelling together. However I haven't been enjoying the experience as much as I would like because the group are more about the partying all night scene and sleeping all day, and that is not why I chose to travel, I'm more about the culture and finding myself experience . So I've naturally spent quite a bit of time doing stuff on my own and am wondering whether I should go it alone. Although we've only travelled for three weeks together , I would feel bad leaving the group but feel I am wasting my trip waiting on them. I am also apprehensive about solo travel. I like my own company but am worried about getting lonely or being unsafe. Would it be ok as a 24yr old girl to go it alone or am I better off sticking with the group? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Other than Kyoto?
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Japan itinerary advice
- 4 Trip Report : China
- 5 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Beijing tours
- 9 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 10 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 11 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 14 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 17 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 18 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 19 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 20 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 21 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 22 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 25 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR