About three weeks ago I started a backpacking trip around Southeast Asia in Thailand. I met a group of girls and we have been travelling together. However I haven't been enjoying the experience as much as I would like because the group are more about the partying all night scene and sleeping all day, and that is not why I chose to travel, I'm more about the culture and finding myself experience . So I've naturally spent quite a bit of time doing stuff on my own and am wondering whether I should go it alone. Although we've only travelled for three weeks together , I would feel bad leaving the group but feel I am wasting my trip waiting on them. I am also apprehensive about solo travel. I like my own company but am worried about getting lonely or being unsafe. Would it be ok as a 24yr old girl to go it alone or am I better off sticking with the group? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 3 Thailand Guides
- 4 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 7 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 8 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 India itinerary critique please
- 11 Japan Itinerary!
- 12 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 13 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 14 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 15 Magical India
- 16 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 17 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 21 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 22 Himachal Pradesh
- 23 Luggage size China ?
- 24 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 25 Thai Elephants