About three weeks ago I started a backpacking trip around Southeast Asia in Thailand. I met a group of girls and we have been travelling together. However I haven't been enjoying the experience as much as I would like because the group are more about the partying all night scene and sleeping all day, and that is not why I chose to travel, I'm more about the culture and finding myself experience . So I've naturally spent quite a bit of time doing stuff on my own and am wondering whether I should go it alone. Although we've only travelled for three weeks together , I would feel bad leaving the group but feel I am wasting my trip waiting on them. I am also apprehensive about solo travel. I like my own company but am worried about getting lonely or being unsafe. Would it be ok as a 24yr old girl to go it alone or am I better off sticking with the group? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Osaka
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 7 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 8 Singapore weather in August/September
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days