This will be my 2nd visit to Thailand. On my first visit spent 3 days in Bangkok (mainly visiting palaces, temples etc).
I will be landing Sunday July 28th and leaving Wed Aug 1st or Thu July 2nd.
Appears with Thai AirAsia lots of cheap flights so would like to see another part of Thailand.
Thinking of either the north (Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai) or beaches (Phuket, Samui, something else).
I like stuff like hiking, climbing, diving, as well as eating good food, taking classes to learn new things etc. Also like mingling with people (locals and tourists)
Any suggestions on which option is recommended will be appreciated?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Road Scholar tour in China
- 7 Being customs
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 10 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 11 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 12 Tips in Myanmar
- 13 myanmar
- 14 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 15 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 18 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 19 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 20 A beach of choice on Samui
- 21 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 22 Travel India solo
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 25 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
4 days in Thailand in last week of July. Chiang Mai/Islands? Reco's?