We are traveling to Japan, June 14th through June 22nd, to visit my husbands hometown, near Shimonoseki. We have made this trip a few times before. This time we are flying in and out of Fukuoka. We are planning to stay in Shimonoseki for the first 3 nights visiting family. We then plan to visit Hiroshima, and stay one night in a ryokan on Miyajima, visiting the shrine and Mt. Misen. Then we will travel on to Himeji to see the castle and eventually back to Shimonoseki or straight on to Fukuoka.
Can anyone recommend places to see or adventures to be had between Fukuoka and Himeji? We would love to try our hands at some local crafts, take a Kendo class or try archery.
We will use the JR rail Pass for the Sanyo line so we have some freedom. On past visits to Japan we have been to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka. We speak Japanese.
Any ideas or advice would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel India solo
- 2 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 4 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 5 Indian Restaurant suggestions:
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 8 myanmar
- 9 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 10 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 17 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 18 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 19 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 20 North India Itinerary advice
- 21 Indonesia travel agent
- 22 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 23 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 24 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 25 Advice on Hainan Island?