We are traveling to Japan, June 14th through June 22nd, to visit my husbands hometown, near Shimonoseki. We have made this trip a few times before. This time we are flying in and out of Fukuoka. We are planning to stay in Shimonoseki for the first 3 nights visiting family. We then plan to visit Hiroshima, and stay one night in a ryokan on Miyajima, visiting the shrine and Mt. Misen. Then we will travel on to Himeji to see the castle and eventually back to Shimonoseki or straight on to Fukuoka.
Can anyone recommend places to see or adventures to be had between Fukuoka and Himeji? We would love to try our hands at some local crafts, take a Kendo class or try archery.
We will use the JR rail Pass for the Sanyo line so we have some freedom. On past visits to Japan we have been to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka. We speak Japanese.
Any ideas or advice would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Finally, The Natural Approach With A Fine Looking Skin
- 2 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 3 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 4 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 5 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 6 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 7 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 8 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 9 India Safari 2017
- 10 Japan- National Holiday
- 11 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 12 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 13 India in March and April??
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 16 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 17 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 Rishikesh, India
- 20 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 21 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 22 Passport
- 23 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan