We are traveling to Japan, June 14th through June 22nd, to visit my husbands hometown, near Shimonoseki. We have made this trip a few times before. This time we are flying in and out of Fukuoka. We are planning to stay in Shimonoseki for the first 3 nights visiting family. We then plan to visit Hiroshima, and stay one night in a ryokan on Miyajima, visiting the shrine and Mt. Misen. Then we will travel on to Himeji to see the castle and eventually back to Shimonoseki or straight on to Fukuoka.
Can anyone recommend places to see or adventures to be had between Fukuoka and Himeji? We would love to try our hands at some local crafts, take a Kendo class or try archery.
We will use the JR rail Pass for the Sanyo line so we have some freedom. On past visits to Japan we have been to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka. We speak Japanese.
Any ideas or advice would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 AOL
- 2 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 5 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 6 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 7 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 8 Laos or Kerala?
- 9 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 10 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 11 Bali & Singapore in October
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 14 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 15 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 16 Booking on the fly
- 17 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 18 Tea estates of Munnar
- 19 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 20 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 21 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 22 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 23 like my food
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Portable wifi rental