I will be taking a vacation for 10 days after participating in a conference in Tokyo. I have been to Tokyo many times, so I plan to take my vacation elsewhere in Japan. I would like to visit places where I have never been (e.g., Osaka, Fukuoka) and possibly go back to a few places I visited almost 20 years ago, specifically Kyoto and Nara. I was also thinking of possibly doing a few day trips from Tokyo (Hakone one day and Nikko in another day). I was thinking of going to Fukuoka first, then Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, and then (if time permits) Hakone or Nikko. Does that make sense in 10 days? I very much look forward to your thoughts on this itinerary! Thanks.
10-day Japan Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 2 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.