Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Renewal of Global Entry
- 2 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 3 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 4 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 5 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 6 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 7 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 8 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 9 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 10 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 11 Documents for E-tickets?
- 12 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 13 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 14 Enough time
- 15 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 16 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 17 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 18 BA economy premiun seats
- 19 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 20 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 21 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 22 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 23 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 24 Voice calls during flights?
- 25 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call