Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 2 SFO runway closures ?
- 3 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 4 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 5 Carry on
- 6 Car seat harassment
- 7 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 8 Is connection time of 1 hour enough for transfer from A24 to Z20
- 9 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 10 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 11 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 12 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 13 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 14 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 15 WestJet to add budget line
- 16 gate distance
- 17 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 18 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 19 Luggage tag
- 20 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 21 Departing FCO
- 22 carryon fee on international flights?
- 23 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 24 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 25 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call