Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Tramadol
- 2 Travel Pillow Reviews
- 3 To pass the time on long haul flights..
- 4 Flying into O'Hare..bad as I have heard??
- 5 Connection time at Heathrow
- 6 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 7 Hypothetical question
- 8 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 9 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 10 Headphones on planes
- 11 redress number question
- 12 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 13 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 14 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 15 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 16 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 17 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 18 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 19 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 20 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 21 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 22 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
- 23 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
- 24 Bravofly issue
- 25 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call