Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 2 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 3 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 4 Traveling to Spain in March
- 5 Google Flights ?
- 6 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 7 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 8 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 9 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 10 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 11 Flying "Backwards"
- 12 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 13 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 14 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Delta and Virgin
- 17 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 18 Newark connection
- 19 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 20 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 21 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
- 22 Cooperating with Airport Security
- 23 SMF to NCE or CDG
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call