Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Question on checkin for international
- 2 travelling with ensure
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Connection time
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 6 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 7 Award travel and fees
- 8 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 9 PHL layover
- 10 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 11 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 12 searching for flights on Kayak
- 13 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 14 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 15 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 16 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 17 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 18 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 19 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 20 Renewal of Global Entry
- 21 added cost on BA tickets
- 22 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 23 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 24 KLM/Delta flight
- 25 CDG connection in 2 hours
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call