Not sure if this is the right thread, if not please move it to the correct place.
My bro was travelling from Calgary to beijing and then singapore and was denied boarding due to them saying that he did not have visa. He was going to use the 72 hour visa free visit and already had the flights booked to singapore under the 72 hour limit. Anyways, the manager at yyc named Paula and customer rep there was rude and did not listen or check that this was in fact a policy for china. They said they were busy and just denied him boarding. Another lady in the customer service said they know about the 72 hour visa free, but she can't do anything.
So, he missed the flight and then called ac to rebook, they charged him an extra 500, even though both of the reps on the phone found the 72 hour rule and said its a known rule.
What can he do to get the compesation back, should he have to do a chargeback from the credit card? He lost vacation time, money for this flight, hotels, tour at least $1000.
I don't have twitter or facebook, not sure if that would be the best way to reach them. He tried to ask for a manager or higher up from the phone rep, but she says thats not possible.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER l8OO68l72O8 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care YES!!
- 2 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 3 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 4 Global Entry application status question
- 5 Customs question
- 6 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 7 "under the seat space"
- 8 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 9 Contact # for Delta
- 10 Using american voucher
- 11 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 12 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 13 Southwest boarding
- 14 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 15 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 16 Starting my Planning
- 17 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 18 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 19 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 20 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 21 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 22 UA Carry-On Policy
- 23 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 24 Customs and Connection Times
- 25 BA short turnaround time
air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call