I have FF tickets on hold to go to Paris over Thanksgiving. I live in Palm Springs CA. Originally I was looking at flying out of LAX with good connection times. LAX is at least a 2 hour drive minimum from my home. This flight connected in Chicago.
then I found a flight from PSP to DFW to CDG. This is ideal because PSP is a very small airport literally 15 minutes from my house and I could take a taxi to the airport versus leaving my car for 8 days at LAX.
The problem is that the connection in DFW to the Paris flight is only 40 minutes. I already called American because I thought this was a very short connection time but she said it is a legal connection. All international flights leave out of the D gates. I think my flight would be arriving in the C gates. If I miss the flight to CDg the next flight isnt until the next day at 5pm.
Would you risk the connection time for the convenience or be safe and fly out of LAX?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 2 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 3 SFO runway closures ?
- 4 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 5 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 6 Carry on
- 7 Car seat harassment
- 8 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 9 Is connection time of 1 hour enough for transfer from A24 to Z20
- 10 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 11 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 12 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 13 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 14 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 15 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 16 WestJet to add budget line
- 17 gate distance
- 18 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 19 Luggage tag
- 20 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 21 Departing FCO
- 22 carryon fee on international flights?
- 23 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 24 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 25 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel