I have FF tickets on hold to go to Paris over Thanksgiving. I live in Palm Springs CA. Originally I was looking at flying out of LAX with good connection times. LAX is at least a 2 hour drive minimum from my home. This flight connected in Chicago.
then I found a flight from PSP to DFW to CDG. This is ideal because PSP is a very small airport literally 15 minutes from my house and I could take a taxi to the airport versus leaving my car for 8 days at LAX.
The problem is that the connection in DFW to the Paris flight is only 40 minutes. I already called American because I thought this was a very short connection time but she said it is a legal connection. All international flights leave out of the D gates. I think my flight would be arriving in the C gates. If I miss the flight to CDg the next flight isnt until the next day at 5pm.
Would you risk the connection time for the convenience or be safe and fly out of LAX?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 2 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 3 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 4 Documents for E-tickets?
- 5 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 6 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 7 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 8 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 9 Enough time
- 10 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 11 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 12 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 13 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 14 BA economy premiun seats
- 15 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 16 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 17 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 18 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 19 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 20 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 21 Voice calls during flights?
- 22 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 23 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 24 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 25 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?