I have FF tickets on hold to go to Paris over Thanksgiving. I live in Palm Springs CA. Originally I was looking at flying out of LAX with good connection times. LAX is at least a 2 hour drive minimum from my home. This flight connected in Chicago.
then I found a flight from PSP to DFW to CDG. This is ideal because PSP is a very small airport literally 15 minutes from my house and I could take a taxi to the airport versus leaving my car for 8 days at LAX.
The problem is that the connection in DFW to the Paris flight is only 40 minutes. I already called American because I thought this was a very short connection time but she said it is a legal connection. All international flights leave out of the D gates. I think my flight would be arriving in the C gates. If I miss the flight to CDg the next flight isnt until the next day at 5pm.
Would you risk the connection time for the convenience or be safe and fly out of LAX?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Tramadol
- 2 To pass the time on long haul flights..
- 3 Midway connections
- 4 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 5 Flying into O'Hare..bad as I have heard??
- 6 Headphones on planes
- 7 Connection time at Heathrow
- 8 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 9 Hypothetical question
- 10 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 11 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 12 redress number question
- 13 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 14 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 15 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 16 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 17 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 18 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 19 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 20 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 21 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 22 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 23 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
- 24 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
- 25 Bravofly issue