I have FF tickets on hold to go to Paris over Thanksgiving. I live in Palm Springs CA. Originally I was looking at flying out of LAX with good connection times. LAX is at least a 2 hour drive minimum from my home. This flight connected in Chicago.
then I found a flight from PSP to DFW to CDG. This is ideal because PSP is a very small airport literally 15 minutes from my house and I could take a taxi to the airport versus leaving my car for 8 days at LAX.
The problem is that the connection in DFW to the Paris flight is only 40 minutes. I already called American because I thought this was a very short connection time but she said it is a legal connection. All international flights leave out of the D gates. I think my flight would be arriving in the C gates. If I miss the flight to CDg the next flight isnt until the next day at 5pm.
Would you risk the connection time for the convenience or be safe and fly out of LAX?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying 3 days post knee surgery
- 2 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 3 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 4 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 5 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 6 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 7 Miami International Airport
- 8 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 11 Question on checkin for international
- 12 travelling with ensure
- 13 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 14 Connection time
- 15 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 16 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 17 Award travel and fees
- 18 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 19 PHL layover
- 20 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 21 searching for flights on Kayak
- 22 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 23 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 24 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare