I have FF tickets on hold to go to Paris over Thanksgiving. I live in Palm Springs CA. Originally I was looking at flying out of LAX with good connection times. LAX is at least a 2 hour drive minimum from my home. This flight connected in Chicago.
then I found a flight from PSP to DFW to CDG. This is ideal because PSP is a very small airport literally 15 minutes from my house and I could take a taxi to the airport versus leaving my car for 8 days at LAX.
The problem is that the connection in DFW to the Paris flight is only 40 minutes. I already called American because I thought this was a very short connection time but she said it is a legal connection. All international flights leave out of the D gates. I think my flight would be arriving in the C gates. If I miss the flight to CDg the next flight isnt until the next day at 5pm.
Would you risk the connection time for the convenience or be safe and fly out of LAX?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 2 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 3 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 4 Southwest boarding
- 5 "under the seat space"
- 6 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 7 Contact # for Delta
- 8 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 9 Starting my Planning
- 10 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 12 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 13 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 14 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 15 Using american voucher
- 16 UA Carry-On Policy
- 17 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 18 Customs and Connection Times
- 19 BA short turnaround time
- 20 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 21 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 22 easyJet westard-ho
- 23 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 24 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 25 how to use rewards for upgrades