So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jeans All the Time
- 2 Shopping in Morocco
- 3 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 4 Morocco over Christmas
- 5 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 6 After Botswana ?
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 12 Timing for Africa visit
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 16 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 17 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 18 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 19 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 20 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 Morocco Questions
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip