So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 2 Johannesburg...?
- 3 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 4 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Jordan safety concerns
- 7 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 8 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 9 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 10 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 11 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 12 A family safari in Tanzania
- 13 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 14 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 15 Uganda Trip Report
- 16 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 17 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 18 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 19 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Boutique hotels in israel
- 22 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 23 Short layover at JNB
- 24 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda?