So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 2 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 3 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 4 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 5 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 6 Tour to Morocco
- 7 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 10 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 11 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 Electronics to travel with
- 15 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 16 Uganda again
- 17 November at victoria falls
- 18 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 19 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 20 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 21 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 22 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 23 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 24 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 25 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area