So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 Morocco Advice
- 5 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 6 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 7 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 8 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season