So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 2 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 What camera to use on safari
- 6 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 7 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 8 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 9 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 10 To go to Israel or not?
- 11 Bidair at JNB
- 12 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 13 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 16 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 17 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 18 Dubai > Oman?
- 19 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 20 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 23 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 24 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 25 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp