So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 2 Tour to Morocco
- 3 Namibia road conditions
- 4 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 5 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 6 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 7 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 8 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 9 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 13 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 14 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 15 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 16 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 17 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 18 Ebola and Morocco
- 19 Thompson Gazelle
- 20 Overland in West Africa
- 21 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 22 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 23 Morrocco and Cash
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles