So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 5 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 6 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 7 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 8 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 First time in Africa on safari
- 11 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 12 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 13 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 16 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 17 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 18 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 19 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 20 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 21 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 22 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 23 Binoculars for safari
- 24 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes
- 25 Tipping