So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 2 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 Morroco Travel Guide
- 5 One Day V.I.P Petra tour
- 6 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 7 India
- 8 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 9 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 10 Ideas about the trip.
- 11 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 12 3 days in Teheran
- 13 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 16 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 17 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 18 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 19 What camera to use on safari
- 20 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 21 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 22 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 23 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 24 To go to Israel or not?
- 25 Bidair at JNB