So, before I started thinking about a trip to Kenya, I had never given a single thought to wildebeest migration. Now, I feel like I HAVE to witness it. (Ridiculous, I know.) I will be volunteering in Kenya in late July/early August. I would like to do a camping safari in the Maasai Mara either before or after the volunteer piece. If I do it before (which would be easier, logistically), it will be early July. Is this likely to be too early for migration? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 To go to Israel or not?
- 2 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 3 SA, Swaziland & Zimbabwe
- 4 Dubai > Oman?
- 5 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 8 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 9 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 10 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 11 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 12 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 13 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 14 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 17 Awesome trip and still not done
- 18 South Africa
- 19 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 20 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 21 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 22 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 23 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 24 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 25 Cultural Tour from Maun?