We (a family of 5 adults/teens) are traveling to South Africa in August and while in Capetown we wanted to hire a guide for 1 or 2 days to visit the penisula and some other sights. A travel agent quoted us a price of $180US pp per day. That's $900 for a one day tour for the 5 of us! I don't understand this. We will all be in one vehicle (we're cramped not the guide) and there is only one guide so why does it matter how many people he's talking to? Obviously at that rate we won't be taking any tours but is that the norm? The same question goes for car transfers. We are being quoted pp on everything and that really drives the price up.
When hiring a guide or driver is charge always per person?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 2 Dubai first time
- 3 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Taste of Dubai
- 7 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 8 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 9 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 10 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 11 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 12 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 13 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 14 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015