We (a family of 5 adults/teens) are traveling to South Africa in August and while in Capetown we wanted to hire a guide for 1 or 2 days to visit the penisula and some other sights. A travel agent quoted us a price of $180US pp per day. That's $900 for a one day tour for the 5 of us! I don't understand this. We will all be in one vehicle (we're cramped not the guide) and there is only one guide so why does it matter how many people he's talking to? Obviously at that rate we won't be taking any tours but is that the norm? The same question goes for car transfers. We are being quoted pp on everything and that really drives the price up.
When hiring a guide or driver is charge always per person?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 3 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 4 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 5 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 6 Road To Morocco Tours
- 7 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 8 Safari on a budget!
- 9 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 10 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 11 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 12 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 13 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 14 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 15 Rwanda
- 16 Egypt safe travel
- 17 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 18 Zambia Impressions
- 19 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Dubai trip
- 22 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 23 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 24 Honeymoon itinerary Spain&Morocco
- 25 Driving around Jordan