After much deliberations and extensive reading on Fodor's (thank you for the posts), me any my wife have finalized our trip to Kenya in August 2016. We have booked 6 night safari through Game Watchers who have been excellent in their responses. Post that, we are planning to visit Diani for a three day beach holiday. Our itinerary in brief is
Reach Nairobi on August 07 at 1 pm - stay in Narirobi
August 08 - August 11 - Selenkay Adventure Camp
August 11 - August 14 - Ol Kinyei Adventure camp
August 14 - August 17 - Diana
August 17 - Nairobi national park
August 18 - Return
A few questions:
1. Should I do Nairobi National Park since I am already spending six nights on safari?
2. We want to go to David Sheldrick Wildlife trust, but the earliest flight from Diani I could figure out was Air Kenya which reaches Nairobi at 12.10 pm. I have researched, david Sheldrek is only open from 11-12 pm....is that correct and is there any other earlier flight from Diani to Nairobi?
3. Any must carry items for the safari?
4. Will the river crossing happen during that time?
5. We have a day in Naoribi, how best to spend it?
6. we are staying in camps which will ahve mattresses, wil we still require seeping bags?
We will really grateful for the replies and suggestions.....many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 4 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 5 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 6 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 7 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 8 Alexandria
- 9 Dubai in 36 hours
- 10 good internet connection option Meknes
- 11 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 14 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 15 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 16 Mombasa recomendations please
- 17 Private tours in Morocco
- 18 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca