After much deliberations and extensive reading on Fodor's (thank you for the posts), me any my wife have finalized our trip to Kenya in August 2016. We have booked 6 night safari through Game Watchers who have been excellent in their responses. Post that, we are planning to visit Diani for a three day beach holiday. Our itinerary in brief is
Reach Nairobi on August 07 at 1 pm - stay in Narirobi
August 08 - August 11 - Selenkay Adventure Camp
August 11 - August 14 - Ol Kinyei Adventure camp
August 14 - August 17 - Diana
August 17 - Nairobi national park
August 18 - Return
A few questions:
1. Should I do Nairobi National Park since I am already spending six nights on safari?
2. We want to go to David Sheldrick Wildlife trust, but the earliest flight from Diani I could figure out was Air Kenya which reaches Nairobi at 12.10 pm. I have researched, david Sheldrek is only open from 11-12 pm....is that correct and is there any other earlier flight from Diani to Nairobi?
3. Any must carry items for the safari?
4. Will the river crossing happen during that time?
5. We have a day in Naoribi, how best to spend it?
6. we are staying in camps which will ahve mattresses, wil we still require seeping bags?
We will really grateful for the replies and suggestions.....many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 2 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 3 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 4 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 5 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 6 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 7 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 8 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 9 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 10 Dubai Guide
- 11 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 12 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 13 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 14 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 15 Loldia House Kenya
- 16 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 17 Alexandria
- 18 kicheche compared to porini
- 19 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 20 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 21 Chefchaouen Report
- 22 Tracking Gorillas
- 23 Garden Route itinerary
- 24 A South African in Lusaka
- 25 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?