After much deliberations and extensive reading on Fodor's (thank you for the posts), me any my wife have finalized our trip to Kenya in August 2016. We have booked 6 night safari through Game Watchers who have been excellent in their responses. Post that, we are planning to visit Diani for a three day beach holiday. Our itinerary in brief is
Reach Nairobi on August 07 at 1 pm - stay in Narirobi
August 08 - August 11 - Selenkay Adventure Camp
August 11 - August 14 - Ol Kinyei Adventure camp
August 14 - August 17 - Diana
August 17 - Nairobi national park
August 18 - Return
A few questions:
1. Should I do Nairobi National Park since I am already spending six nights on safari?
2. We want to go to David Sheldrick Wildlife trust, but the earliest flight from Diani I could figure out was Air Kenya which reaches Nairobi at 12.10 pm. I have researched, david Sheldrek is only open from 11-12 pm....is that correct and is there any other earlier flight from Diani to Nairobi?
3. Any must carry items for the safari?
4. Will the river crossing happen during that time?
5. We have a day in Naoribi, how best to spend it?
6. we are staying in camps which will ahve mattresses, wil we still require seeping bags?
We will really grateful for the replies and suggestions.....many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 During such a long trip we traveled without problems thanks to Mr KB
- 2 Are you looking corporate gifts?
- 3 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 4 http://vitagarciniahcasite.com/colon-life-se/
- 5 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Beware of Iran tours with tour operator "Arian Tours" !!
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 10 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Israel Transportation
- 13 Changing planes at Dubai
- 14 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 15 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 16 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 17 Morocco help
- 18 First trip to Africa
- 19 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 20 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 21 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 22 IRAN
- 23 Money in Uganda
- 24 Uganda Visa
- 25 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post