I'm hoping to get some suggestions from knowledgable people on this board. Me and my wife had originally planned a Zim safari next June/July, but while we would be perfectly happy to go there today the situation next summer is difficult to predict and we're now exploring a Zambian option.
Our difficulty is that we are on a tight budget. We're looking at spending EUR 1500-2000 per person for close to two weeks, excluding international airfare. If possible we'd like to fit in 6-7 days of game viewing and a visit to Vic Falls. Some days would be lost in transfers, and then we'd like to just hang out a few days.
South Luangwa seems like a must and as we would like to do canoe safaris as well, Lower Zambezi should probably be in our itinerary. We realize that we will not be able to squeeze in the smaller, more exclusive camps/lodges in our budget, but hope that you can suggest lower cost alternatives that still offer good game viewing possibilities.
Anyone up for this challenge ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementvalley.com/life-glo-365/
- 2 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 3 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 4 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 5 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 6 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 7 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 8 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 9 Passport pages stuck together
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 12 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 13 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 14 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 15 Duba activities - help deciding
- 16 Eilat
- 17 recommendations for AI islands
- 18 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 19 Petra from Israel
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 22 16hours transit at Doha
- 23 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates
- 24 Itinerary Input- Specifically on GR or staying longer in CT
- 25 South Africa Tour Company