I'm hoping to get some suggestions from knowledgable people on this board. Me and my wife had originally planned a Zim safari next June/July, but while we would be perfectly happy to go there today the situation next summer is difficult to predict and we're now exploring a Zambian option.
Our difficulty is that we are on a tight budget. We're looking at spending EUR 1500-2000 per person for close to two weeks, excluding international airfare. If possible we'd like to fit in 6-7 days of game viewing and a visit to Vic Falls. Some days would be lost in transfers, and then we'd like to just hang out a few days.
South Luangwa seems like a must and as we would like to do canoe safaris as well, Lower Zambezi should probably be in our itinerary. We realize that we will not be able to squeeze in the smaller, more exclusive camps/lodges in our budget, but hope that you can suggest lower cost alternatives that still offer good game viewing possibilities.
Anyone up for this challenge ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 USS $ or RAN in South Africa
- 2 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 5 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 6 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 7 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 8 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 9 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 10 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 11 Viator tour company
- 12 tours in Johannesburg
- 13 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 South African Cities
- 16 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 17 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 18 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 19 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 20 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 21 where to go in africa
- 22 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 23 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 24 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?