I'm hoping to get some suggestions from knowledgable people on this board. Me and my wife had originally planned a Zim safari next June/July, but while we would be perfectly happy to go there today the situation next summer is difficult to predict and we're now exploring a Zambian option.
Our difficulty is that we are on a tight budget. We're looking at spending EUR 1500-2000 per person for close to two weeks, excluding international airfare. If possible we'd like to fit in 6-7 days of game viewing and a visit to Vic Falls. Some days would be lost in transfers, and then we'd like to just hang out a few days.
South Luangwa seems like a must and as we would like to do canoe safaris as well, Lower Zambezi should probably be in our itinerary. We realize that we will not be able to squeeze in the smaller, more exclusive camps/lodges in our budget, but hope that you can suggest lower cost alternatives that still offer good game viewing possibilities.
Anyone up for this challenge ?
South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi on a tight budget?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour