I'm hoping to get some suggestions from knowledgable people on this board. Me and my wife had originally planned a Zim safari next June/July, but while we would be perfectly happy to go there today the situation next summer is difficult to predict and we're now exploring a Zambian option.
Our difficulty is that we are on a tight budget. We're looking at spending EUR 1500-2000 per person for close to two weeks, excluding international airfare. If possible we'd like to fit in 6-7 days of game viewing and a visit to Vic Falls. Some days would be lost in transfers, and then we'd like to just hang out a few days.
South Luangwa seems like a must and as we would like to do canoe safaris as well, Lower Zambezi should probably be in our itinerary. We realize that we will not be able to squeeze in the smaller, more exclusive camps/lodges in our budget, but hope that you can suggest lower cost alternatives that still offer good game viewing possibilities.
Anyone up for this challenge ?
South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi on a tight budget?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back