I'm hoping to get some suggestions from knowledgable people on this board. Me and my wife had originally planned a Zim safari next June/July, but while we would be perfectly happy to go there today the situation next summer is difficult to predict and we're now exploring a Zambian option.
Our difficulty is that we are on a tight budget. We're looking at spending EUR 1500-2000 per person for close to two weeks, excluding international airfare. If possible we'd like to fit in 6-7 days of game viewing and a visit to Vic Falls. Some days would be lost in transfers, and then we'd like to just hang out a few days.
South Luangwa seems like a must and as we would like to do canoe safaris as well, Lower Zambezi should probably be in our itinerary. We realize that we will not be able to squeeze in the smaller, more exclusive camps/lodges in our budget, but hope that you can suggest lower cost alternatives that still offer good game viewing possibilities.
Anyone up for this challenge ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 2 Beware of Iran tours with tour operator "Arian Tours" !!
- 3 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 4 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 5 Morocco Trip Report
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!