I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a self-drive trip to Namibia. We are considering hiring a car, but only one of us will be driving. Does the itinerary below sound plausible and are there any hotels/lodges we shouldn't miss along the way? I was also wondering whether anybody has stayed at Okonjima (AfriCat) and can recommend it. Or would two nights at the Waterberg Plateau be a better option?
day 1: Leave Amsterdam
day 2: Arrive Windhoek
day 3: Sossusvlei
day 4: Sossusvlei
day 5: Swakopmund
day 6: Swakopmund
day 7: Damaraland
day 8: Damaraland
day 9: Etosha
day 10: Etosha
day 11: Etosha
day 12: Etosha
day 13: Okonjima
day 14: Okonjima
day 15: Windhoek
day 16: Leave for Amsterdam
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 It enables to get better your libido
- 2 Mini DV or Mini DVD Camcorder?
- 3 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 4 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 5 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 8 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 9 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 10 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 11 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 14 Dubai Guide
- 15 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 18 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 19 Loldia House Kenya
- 20 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 21 Alexandria
- 22 kicheche compared to porini
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 25 Chefchaouen Report