I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a self-drive trip to Namibia. We are considering hiring a car, but only one of us will be driving. Does the itinerary below sound plausible and are there any hotels/lodges we shouldn't miss along the way? I was also wondering whether anybody has stayed at Okonjima (AfriCat) and can recommend it. Or would two nights at the Waterberg Plateau be a better option?
day 1: Leave Amsterdam
day 2: Arrive Windhoek
day 3: Sossusvlei
day 4: Sossusvlei
day 5: Swakopmund
day 6: Swakopmund
day 7: Damaraland
day 8: Damaraland
day 9: Etosha
day 10: Etosha
day 11: Etosha
day 12: Etosha
day 13: Okonjima
day 14: Okonjima
day 15: Windhoek
day 16: Leave for Amsterdam
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 3 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 4 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 5 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 6 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 7 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 12 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 15 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 16 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 17 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 18 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 19 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 20 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 21 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 22 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 23 Wilson airport transfer to NBO
- 24 Advice traveling to Morocco as a woman with a child
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!