I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a self-drive trip to Namibia. We are considering hiring a car, but only one of us will be driving. Does the itinerary below sound plausible and are there any hotels/lodges we shouldn't miss along the way? I was also wondering whether anybody has stayed at Okonjima (AfriCat) and can recommend it. Or would two nights at the Waterberg Plateau be a better option?
day 1: Leave Amsterdam
day 2: Arrive Windhoek
day 3: Sossusvlei
day 4: Sossusvlei
day 5: Swakopmund
day 6: Swakopmund
day 7: Damaraland
day 8: Damaraland
day 9: Etosha
day 10: Etosha
day 11: Etosha
day 12: Etosha
day 13: Okonjima
day 14: Okonjima
day 15: Windhoek
day 16: Leave for Amsterdam
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai first time
- 2 Burj Khalifa tickets
- 3 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 4 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 5 3-week tour at Egypt
- 6 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 7 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 8 Good reads
- 9 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 10 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 Morocco Advice
- 13 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 14 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 15 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 16 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 17 Beirut
- 18 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 23 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 24 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015