I want to draw on your knowledge and expertise.
In November 2006, I will be spending 3 weeks in Botswana but my itinerary does NOT include Cheif's Island - so this means no rhinos
I have been told to go to Namibia for the true rhino experience so I have managed to squeeze in a 7 night fly-in safari to Namibia with the SOLE PURPOSE of tracking rhino on foot (hopefully black and white rhino).
This is the current plan:
- 29th Oct: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 30th Oct: Ongava Tented Camp (2 nights)
- 1st Nov: Palmwag Rhino Camp (3 nights)
- 4th Nov: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 5th Nov: Duma Tau........(and then rest of Botswana itinerary)
Do you or anyone else have any suggestions regarding the Namibia leg of the trip?
I hope I do not offend the Namibiaphiles and I do plan to return to Namibia one day to do the country justice, BUT the main purpose for this trip is getting a good rhino tracking experience.
Namibia Question for Johan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 5 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety