I want to draw on your knowledge and expertise.
In November 2006, I will be spending 3 weeks in Botswana but my itinerary does NOT include Cheif's Island - so this means no rhinos
I have been told to go to Namibia for the true rhino experience so I have managed to squeeze in a 7 night fly-in safari to Namibia with the SOLE PURPOSE of tracking rhino on foot (hopefully black and white rhino).
This is the current plan:
- 29th Oct: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 30th Oct: Ongava Tented Camp (2 nights)
- 1st Nov: Palmwag Rhino Camp (3 nights)
- 4th Nov: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 5th Nov: Duma Tau........(and then rest of Botswana itinerary)
Do you or anyone else have any suggestions regarding the Namibia leg of the trip?
I hope I do not offend the Namibiaphiles and I do plan to return to Namibia one day to do the country justice, BUT the main purpose for this trip is getting a good rhino tracking experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.wecareskincare.com/ellexa-cream/
- 2 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 3 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 4 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 7 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 8 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 9 Viator tour company
- 10 tours in Johannesburg
- 11 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 12 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 13 South African Cities
- 14 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 15 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 16 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 17 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 18 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 19 where to go in africa
- 20 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 21 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 22 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 Help with bags
- 25 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK