I want to draw on your knowledge and expertise.
In November 2006, I will be spending 3 weeks in Botswana but my itinerary does NOT include Cheif's Island - so this means no rhinos
I have been told to go to Namibia for the true rhino experience so I have managed to squeeze in a 7 night fly-in safari to Namibia with the SOLE PURPOSE of tracking rhino on foot (hopefully black and white rhino).
This is the current plan:
- 29th Oct: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 30th Oct: Ongava Tented Camp (2 nights)
- 1st Nov: Palmwag Rhino Camp (3 nights)
- 4th Nov: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 5th Nov: Duma Tau........(and then rest of Botswana itinerary)
Do you or anyone else have any suggestions regarding the Namibia leg of the trip?
I hope I do not offend the Namibiaphiles and I do plan to return to Namibia one day to do the country justice, BUT the main purpose for this trip is getting a good rhino tracking experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Private Guide for Cairo
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 Texting from US to Israel
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 6 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 7 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 8 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 9 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 10 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 11 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 12 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 13 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 14 Passport pages stuck together
- 15 Self drive tour south africa
- 16 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 17 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 18 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 19 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 20 Duba activities - help deciding
- 21 Eilat
- 22 recommendations for AI islands
- 23 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 24 Petra from Israel
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit