I want to draw on your knowledge and expertise.
In November 2006, I will be spending 3 weeks in Botswana but my itinerary does NOT include Cheif's Island - so this means no rhinos
I have been told to go to Namibia for the true rhino experience so I have managed to squeeze in a 7 night fly-in safari to Namibia with the SOLE PURPOSE of tracking rhino on foot (hopefully black and white rhino).
This is the current plan:
- 29th Oct: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 30th Oct: Ongava Tented Camp (2 nights)
- 1st Nov: Palmwag Rhino Camp (3 nights)
- 4th Nov: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 5th Nov: Duma Tau........(and then rest of Botswana itinerary)
Do you or anyone else have any suggestions regarding the Namibia leg of the trip?
I hope I do not offend the Namibiaphiles and I do plan to return to Namibia one day to do the country justice, BUT the main purpose for this trip is getting a good rhino tracking experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco--advice on itinerary needed!
- 2 Suggestions for a group tour
- 3 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 4 Cape Town Itinerary
- 5 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 6 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 7 South Africa self drive, March 2015
- 8 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 9 Car Rentals in Israel
- 10 Dubai hotels
- 11 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 12 Pulse Africa???
- 13 Kruger
- 14 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 15 Uganda Trip Report
- 16 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 17 itinerary any ideas?
- 18 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 19 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 20 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 21 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 22 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 23 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 24 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 25 Safari buddies - late August