I want to draw on your knowledge and expertise.
In November 2006, I will be spending 3 weeks in Botswana but my itinerary does NOT include Cheif's Island - so this means no rhinos
I have been told to go to Namibia for the true rhino experience so I have managed to squeeze in a 7 night fly-in safari to Namibia with the SOLE PURPOSE of tracking rhino on foot (hopefully black and white rhino).
This is the current plan:
- 29th Oct: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 30th Oct: Ongava Tented Camp (2 nights)
- 1st Nov: Palmwag Rhino Camp (3 nights)
- 4th Nov: Hotel Heinitzburg
- 5th Nov: Duma Tau........(and then rest of Botswana itinerary)
Do you or anyone else have any suggestions regarding the Namibia leg of the trip?
I hope I do not offend the Namibiaphiles and I do plan to return to Namibia one day to do the country justice, BUT the main purpose for this trip is getting a good rhino tracking experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 와이즈토토▤sostns.com▤베트맨토토
- 2 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 3 Egypt January-February 2018
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 9 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 10 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 13 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 14 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 15 Dining in Cape Town
- 16 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 17 Dubai plan
- 18 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 19 Israel with kids in August
- 20 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 21 Iran in May
- 22 South Africa in June
- 23 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 24 IRAN
- 25 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?