Am getting ready with a bunch of last minute preparations for my trip to Botswana in December and had a couple of questions
1.) I received my Final trip info pack today and for my charter transfer from a Botswana camp to VFA via Kasane it says that " On arrival at Kasane and after clearing customs and immigrations, you will be met by a Representtive who will assist you with the arrangements for the flight to VFA" . What immigration are we talking about here? Does one require a transit visa at Kasane (Zambia) if not leaving the airport? I have no other reason to clear immigration. From what I have read on visa information, Zambia has no transit visa requirements if leaving the airport in either the same aircraft or the next scheduled aircraft within 24 hours. I am an Indian passport holder but to the best of my knowledge that shouldnt matter for transit visa?
2.) On my arrival into JNB before the trip starts, I land really early around 6:30 am and need to clear immigration and baggage before checking in for Air Botswana. This involves a transit from Arrival to Departure.
a.) Do you have to pay extra to have someone from your camp operator's JNB staff come to meet you if its early hours as above? I am being met later at Maun for the whole trip information package etc.
b.) Because this is the first time to South Africa, wanted to know if it was ordinary and expected of the camp operator to arrange for a representative to meet at JNB before I check in for the Air Botswana flight.
Appreciate any inputs, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://amazfitpace.com/duro-max/
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 5 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 6 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 11 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 israel tour
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Luxury train ride
- 18 Safety in Fes
- 19 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights