Am getting ready with a bunch of last minute preparations for my trip to Botswana in December and had a couple of questions
1.) I received my Final trip info pack today and for my charter transfer from a Botswana camp to VFA via Kasane it says that " On arrival at Kasane and after clearing customs and immigrations, you will be met by a Representtive who will assist you with the arrangements for the flight to VFA" . What immigration are we talking about here? Does one require a transit visa at Kasane (Zambia) if not leaving the airport? I have no other reason to clear immigration. From what I have read on visa information, Zambia has no transit visa requirements if leaving the airport in either the same aircraft or the next scheduled aircraft within 24 hours. I am an Indian passport holder but to the best of my knowledge that shouldnt matter for transit visa?
2.) On my arrival into JNB before the trip starts, I land really early around 6:30 am and need to clear immigration and baggage before checking in for Air Botswana. This involves a transit from Arrival to Departure.
a.) Do you have to pay extra to have someone from your camp operator's JNB staff come to meet you if its early hours as above? I am being met later at Maun for the whole trip information package etc.
b.) Because this is the first time to South Africa, wanted to know if it was ordinary and expected of the camp operator to arrange for a representative to meet at JNB before I check in for the Air Botswana flight.
Appreciate any inputs, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yom Hazikaron
- 2 Yom Haatzmaut
- 3 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 4 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 5 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 9 recomendation on African Safari company
- 10 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 11 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 12 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 13 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 14 One extra day in Jordan
- 15 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 16 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 17 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 18 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 19 Israel in Late October or November?
- 20 One month in Africa
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books