Am getting ready with a bunch of last minute preparations for my trip to Botswana in December and had a couple of questions
1.) I received my Final trip info pack today and for my charter transfer from a Botswana camp to VFA via Kasane it says that " On arrival at Kasane and after clearing customs and immigrations, you will be met by a Representtive who will assist you with the arrangements for the flight to VFA" . What immigration are we talking about here? Does one require a transit visa at Kasane (Zambia) if not leaving the airport? I have no other reason to clear immigration. From what I have read on visa information, Zambia has no transit visa requirements if leaving the airport in either the same aircraft or the next scheduled aircraft within 24 hours. I am an Indian passport holder but to the best of my knowledge that shouldnt matter for transit visa?
2.) On my arrival into JNB before the trip starts, I land really early around 6:30 am and need to clear immigration and baggage before checking in for Air Botswana. This involves a transit from Arrival to Departure.
a.) Do you have to pay extra to have someone from your camp operator's JNB staff come to meet you if its early hours as above? I am being met later at Maun for the whole trip information package etc.
b.) Because this is the first time to South Africa, wanted to know if it was ordinary and expected of the camp operator to arrange for a representative to meet at JNB before I check in for the Air Botswana flight.
Appreciate any inputs, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
Last minute trip planning questions
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 are recommendation is usuallydon't say very m
- 2 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 3 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 7 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Taste of Dubai
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 20 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 21 Dubai and/or Oman
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 24 Morocco Advice
- 25 MOROCCO SOLO