Am getting ready with a bunch of last minute preparations for my trip to Botswana in December and had a couple of questions
1.) I received my Final trip info pack today and for my charter transfer from a Botswana camp to VFA via Kasane it says that " On arrival at Kasane and after clearing customs and immigrations, you will be met by a Representtive who will assist you with the arrangements for the flight to VFA" . What immigration are we talking about here? Does one require a transit visa at Kasane (Zambia) if not leaving the airport? I have no other reason to clear immigration. From what I have read on visa information, Zambia has no transit visa requirements if leaving the airport in either the same aircraft or the next scheduled aircraft within 24 hours. I am an Indian passport holder but to the best of my knowledge that shouldnt matter for transit visa?
2.) On my arrival into JNB before the trip starts, I land really early around 6:30 am and need to clear immigration and baggage before checking in for Air Botswana. This involves a transit from Arrival to Departure.
a.) Do you have to pay extra to have someone from your camp operator's JNB staff come to meet you if its early hours as above? I am being met later at Maun for the whole trip information package etc.
b.) Because this is the first time to South Africa, wanted to know if it was ordinary and expected of the camp operator to arrange for a representative to meet at JNB before I check in for the Air Botswana flight.
Appreciate any inputs, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 2 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 3 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 4 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 5 This type of training can be done with pretty much any exercise you choose
- 6 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 7 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 8 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 9 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 10 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Magnificant Morocco
- 13 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 14 Africa Film Festival
- 15 Is the migration early this year
- 16 Roar Africa reviews
- 17 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 18 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 19 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 20 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 21 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 22 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 23 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 24 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 25 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River