We are due to travel to Tanzania in September as part of a safari that will start in Kenya about 5 days earlier. However, my wife is currently fighting breast cancer, and because of the chemotherapy regime she will be on prior to the trip, will not be allowed to have a yellow fever vaccination. She can of course get a waiver from her doctor, and an official stamped government waiver from a Yellow Fever vaccination center, but I have been told by experienced travelers that this may not be enough to secure entry into Tanzania. Has anyone recently had experience of entering Tanzania using a waiver, and was this difficult? We have also requested a supporting letter from the Tanzanian Embassy in Washington, but as yet have not received any information back from them. We obviously don't want to end up being detained at the border, and an enforced vaccination at the border could pose a serious, even life threatening risk to her, so we definitely want to avoid that. This was meant to be a reward for all that she has been through in recent months, but now I'm concerned if could backfire, so am looking for any on the ground experience we can get.
Help! Yellow Fever Waiver in Tanzania -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Novice Safari question
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Quick question about Kenya..
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 13 Morocco in April 2014
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September