We are due to travel to Tanzania in September as part of a safari that will start in Kenya about 5 days earlier. However, my wife is currently fighting breast cancer, and because of the chemotherapy regime she will be on prior to the trip, will not be allowed to have a yellow fever vaccination. She can of course get a waiver from her doctor, and an official stamped government waiver from a Yellow Fever vaccination center, but I have been told by experienced travelers that this may not be enough to secure entry into Tanzania. Has anyone recently had experience of entering Tanzania using a waiver, and was this difficult? We have also requested a supporting letter from the Tanzanian Embassy in Washington, but as yet have not received any information back from them. We obviously don't want to end up being detained at the border, and an enforced vaccination at the border could pose a serious, even life threatening risk to her, so we definitely want to avoid that. This was meant to be a reward for all that she has been through in recent months, but now I'm concerned if could backfire, so am looking for any on the ground experience we can get.
Help! Yellow Fever Waiver in Tanzania -
- 1 Morocco - private tour operators
- 2 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 3 Africa Safari
- 4 phone service
- 5 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 6 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 7 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 8 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 9 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 10 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 11 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 12 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 13 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 14 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 15 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 16 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 17 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 18 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 19 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 20 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012
- 21 ZAMBIA / ZIMBABWE SAFETY.
- 22 Shipping from Morocco - Help!
- 23 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 24 Weekend tours out of Lusaka
- 25 Tanzania or South Africa? Traveling with 70-year old parents