We are due to travel to Tanzania in September as part of a safari that will start in Kenya about 5 days earlier. However, my wife is currently fighting breast cancer, and because of the chemotherapy regime she will be on prior to the trip, will not be allowed to have a yellow fever vaccination. She can of course get a waiver from her doctor, and an official stamped government waiver from a Yellow Fever vaccination center, but I have been told by experienced travelers that this may not be enough to secure entry into Tanzania. Has anyone recently had experience of entering Tanzania using a waiver, and was this difficult? We have also requested a supporting letter from the Tanzanian Embassy in Washington, but as yet have not received any information back from them. We obviously don't want to end up being detained at the border, and an enforced vaccination at the border could pose a serious, even life threatening risk to her, so we definitely want to avoid that. This was meant to be a reward for all that she has been through in recent months, but now I'm concerned if could backfire, so am looking for any on the ground experience we can get.
Help! Yellow Fever Waiver in Tanzania -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 2 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 3 Johannesburg
- 4 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 7 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust