We are due to travel to Tanzania in September as part of a safari that will start in Kenya about 5 days earlier. However, my wife is currently fighting breast cancer, and because of the chemotherapy regime she will be on prior to the trip, will not be allowed to have a yellow fever vaccination. She can of course get a waiver from her doctor, and an official stamped government waiver from a Yellow Fever vaccination center, but I have been told by experienced travelers that this may not be enough to secure entry into Tanzania. Has anyone recently had experience of entering Tanzania using a waiver, and was this difficult? We have also requested a supporting letter from the Tanzanian Embassy in Washington, but as yet have not received any information back from them. We obviously don't want to end up being detained at the border, and an enforced vaccination at the border could pose a serious, even life threatening risk to her, so we definitely want to avoid that. This was meant to be a reward for all that she has been through in recent months, but now I'm concerned if could backfire, so am looking for any on the ground experience we can get.
Help! Yellow Fever Waiver in Tanzania -
- 1 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 2 Tanzania in 2014
- 3 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 4 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 5 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 6 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 7 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 9 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 10 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 11 Africa Safari
- 12 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 13 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 14 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 15 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 16 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 17 Morocco - private tour operators
- 18 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 19 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 20 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 21 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 22 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 23 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 24 Kruger Park trip
- 25 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.