We are due to travel to Tanzania in September as part of a safari that will start in Kenya about 5 days earlier. However, my wife is currently fighting breast cancer, and because of the chemotherapy regime she will be on prior to the trip, will not be allowed to have a yellow fever vaccination. She can of course get a waiver from her doctor, and an official stamped government waiver from a Yellow Fever vaccination center, but I have been told by experienced travelers that this may not be enough to secure entry into Tanzania. Has anyone recently had experience of entering Tanzania using a waiver, and was this difficult? We have also requested a supporting letter from the Tanzanian Embassy in Washington, but as yet have not received any information back from them. We obviously don't want to end up being detained at the border, and an enforced vaccination at the border could pose a serious, even life threatening risk to her, so we definitely want to avoid that. This was meant to be a reward for all that she has been through in recent months, but now I'm concerned if could backfire, so am looking for any on the ground experience we can get.
Help! Yellow Fever Waiver in Tanzania -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 2 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 3 Tel Aviv beaches
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 7 trip report, morocco
- 8 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 Sabi Sands camps
- 15 Hotels in Nairobi
- 16 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 17 Rwanda trip report
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 20 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 21 israel and petra
- 22 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 23 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 24 Israel and Petra
- 25 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea