My husband and I will be at Sabyinyo late next month and have booked a gorilla trek for the second day after we arrive. The first day after our arrival we had kept open, to acclimatize and to do an easy trek to the golden monkeys (which we have not reserved yet.) We will be coming after a couple of weeks in Kenya so we will already have been at some altitude. However after reading everything we can find on the mountain gorillas including all the fabulous trip reports here, we are wondering if we are making a mistake? Should we try for a second gorilla trek instead of the monkeys (if permits are indeed still available for that date?) We are both in fairly good physical condition , but minor knee issues would restrict us to visiting only the nearest gorilla families. We would love to hear any advice you may have (though I think I know what everyone will say...) Thank-you!
Golden Monkeys or a second Gorilla trek? Which to do?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 4 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 5 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 6 Green Season Safari Questions
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Novice Safari question
- 9 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 10 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 11 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 12 Quick question about Kenya..
- 13 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 14 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 15 Morocco in April 2014
- 16 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 19 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 20 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 21 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 22 Uganda Travel Planning
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant